100% Work from Home!
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Justin Rice
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $180,000 - $250,000
A bit about us:
Well Funded Series C Organization
This company has launched the First Supply App for their Industry and it's been a game changer. In just over 5 years their business has grown tenfold and have thousands of customers across the world. This is still a young company--there's a lot of opportunity for growth.
Why join us?
* Unlimited paid time off
* Excellent Salary and Stock Options Package
* Comprehensive medical/dental/vision insurance and commuter benefits
* 401(k) plan and flexible spending benefits
* The opportunity to work alongside a visionary team during our rapid growth!
99% Work From Home - Occasional Travel to CA
Data Scientist (Supply Chain)
We are looking for a data scientist with experience in Supply Chain Optimization and Inventory Planning and Control. These two functions are vital to the long-term success of the company and determine the items and quantity that company carries in inventory. In this role, you will have the chance to redefine how restaurants and small businesses receive the supplies they need to run their organizations.
For this role, you must be curious about Supply Chain operations and about determining the best ways to optimize these systems while reducing costs. You will be responsible for building and implementing the models that predict consumer demand, optimize our purchasing algorithms, and ensure that we carry the items that our customers need. We want someone who loves modeling and writing code, diving into difficult problems and creating exceptional automated systems. You will define, measure and utilize metrics to build business cases and present them to your team and senior management. This role will be an integral part of the data team and will ensure our company provides customers with the perfect fulfillment of their orders - via an automated and scalable supply chain - by using mathematical and statistical modeling, machine learning, optimization, and simulation.
- Define and collect relevant data to perform further analyses on inventory and vendor performances.
- Partner with various teams such as Pricing, Supply Planning, Sales and Warehouse Ops to incorporate additional features into the Supply Chain models.
- Develop, implement and optimize algorithms for our Supply Chain, such as:
•Demand forecasting in a complex system (demand seasonality, product substitutability, etc.) for all our markets.
•Supply planning in a highly dynamic system (vendor constraints, product perishability, multi-sourcing, vendor lead time and minimum order requirement, transshipment, etc.).
- Work with the engineering team to build processes to support fast, iterative experimentation - both for model creation and product development.
- Collaborate with business intelligence teams to develop reports and visualization dashboards.
- Build financial models to project key business metrics - inventory turns, out of stock rates, spoilage rates - and develop KPIs to track performance.
- 3+ years of professional experience with machine learning, predictive modeling, and optimization techniques, handling large, complex, data sets.
- MS or PhD in a quantitative field such as Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Computer Science, or a related Engineering degree.
- Proven track record in solving business problems through fact based, scientific, methods.
- Experience in Python / R, SQL, and similar languages to manipulate and transform data into insights, as well as developing algorithms for deployment to production systems.
- Deep understanding of linear / non-linear optimization, simulation, machine learning, and statistical analyses.
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills, as well as the ability to persuade, inspire, and motivate others.
- Must have the ability to summarize key insights for both technical and non-technical audiences.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.