Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Information is the lifeblood of the healthcare industry-everything depends on it. At Optum Insight Technology, you’ll help us work on streamlining the flow of information between payers, healthcare providers and various other stakeholders to deliver the right insights to the right places at the right times, driving better outcomes for patients, reducing friction in the health system and lowering costs. Every day our work directly impacts the world for the better, in meaningful and profound ways.
We live in a time of unprecedented technical capability and possibility. Health care is at a pivotal point in this journey where even small gains can lead to major transformation. You could be a part of that – you have tremendous skill and the potential to make a lasting impact. Optum Insight Technology is uniquely positioned to bring your skills to bear on these pressing and life-changing technical challenges. The health care industry has an immediate need for your drive, innovation, passion and technical insight. Help us help the millions of people we serve each day. #OptumInsightTech
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Partner with Business, Technical and Strategic Product Stakeholders to manage project commitments in an agile framework; rapidly delivering value to our customers via technology solutions
- Provide technical leadership in architecture and design for software development and drives modern cloud-based solutions using new technologies in the Public Cloud (AWS/Azure), Big Data and API Space
- Collaborate with leaders across partner-teams to drive cohesive and optimal solutions
- Drive design and development of resilient, reliable, scalable, automated and self-healing solutions with best practices appropriate monitoring and alerting mechanisms
- Be an evangelist for Engineering and DevOps best practices and a key driver behind automation, efficiency and Operation excellence
- Recruit, lead and mentor a team of full-stack engineers, driving career development and owning standard resource manager responsibilities
- Stay abreast of leading-edge technologies in the industry evaluating emerging software technologies
- Accountability for team's delivery and stakeholder relationship management
- Establish an environment of innovation and accelerate the modernization agenda
- Communicate and negotiate direction with executive leadership and technical stakeholders
- Identify opportunities and influences stakeholders with ideas that drive business value
- Influence stakeholders to assess and manage the impacts of changes and drive decision making
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of software product development experience working on commercially available software and / or healthcare platforms
- 3+ years of experience leading engineering teams with delivery accountability
- 2+ years of experience developing solutions hosted within public cloud providers such as Azure or AWS
- Java/C#/Scala development experience
- Experience with developing ETL/data pipelines using Big Data technologies, ADF etc.
- Experience using modern software engineering and product development tools including Agile / SAFE, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, DevOps etc.
- Solid experience operating in a quickly changing environment and driving technological innovation to meet business requirements
- Proven track record of acting as an advocate for driving new technology across the organization via the creation of communities and publishing SDK / libraries for reuse across the organization
- Solid understanding of data engineering and processes: design patterns, algorithms, data structures, schemas and queries, system design, unit testing, code reviews, agile, and dev-ops
- Experience with Azure services like Cosmos DB, Event hub, Service Bus, Azure functions
- Experience with Azure Big Data technologies like ADF, Data Bricks, Azure Data Lake
- Global team experience
- Healthcare, Provider domain experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced, fluid environment while maintaining adherence to standards and best practices
- Proven track record of building relationships across cross-functional teams
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together - competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan with a company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.