100% Remote / Data Engineer (Python/R/SQL) / Opportunity to improve lives for our Veterans / Create predictive models and identify impactful trends for Major Incident Management
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Blake Williams
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $100,000 - $120,000 per year
A bit about us:
Support our Veterans! We are on a mission to transform government IT to drive efficiency and tax payer value to improve the lives of our Veterans. We know how to drive IT transformation so federal agencies can work faster and easier, enabling them to focus on their important roles in serving the needs of our citizens. Our team supports the application and performance monitoring for over 800 applications used by the VA and Veterans Hospitals across the USA.
Why join us?
There's one thing that unites us, no matter where in the world we live: we are transformers. Transformer is more than just a catchy title; it’s the core of who we are as a company. We wholeheartedly embrace this title, both in how we approach our customer work and in the workplace culture we create. We offer tons of benefits for our employees.
- 401(k) & Roth retirement plans w/ company match up to 4%
- Generous Paid time off
- 10 paid holidays
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA, DCA, transit, & parking)
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA) with employer contribution
- Life and AD&D insurance; 1x salary, up to $300K max
- Short and long-term disability
- Voluntary life/AD&D (employee, spouse, & child)
- Legal plan
- Pet insurance
- Critical illness, accident, & hospital insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee referral program
- Bereavement/jury duty leave
- Spot bonus program
As a Data Engineer, you will help with the development of data stores and data pipelines used to support machine learning models and advanced statistics to improve OIT’s response posture to system events impacting end users and Veterans. You will explore new technologies and devise strategy for upgrading data storage infrastructure and will collaborate with other technical leads in designing data solutions. In this role you will directly support a chief data scientist team lead, working alongside analytics and data science professionals.
- Deliver strategic direction for data architecture and data storage
- Help improve existing data processes and pipelines
- Provide high quality data to be used in cross-functional analytics models and dashboards
- Leverage methods to extract difficult or unstructured data from systems
- Uses modern data science tools (ex: Python, R, SQL) to create predictive models and identify impactful trends or insight related to Major Incident Management (MIM), Problem Management (PM), High Priority Incident (HPI), and Critical Priority Incident (CPI), and Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- 5+ years of relative data engineering experience with Python, R
- Experience with SQL Server, ServiceNow data warehouse, Splunk data lakes
- Data engineering experience in big data environments (Hadoop, HDInsight, Spark, Hive, etc.)
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Resource Management, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, or related fields
- 10+ years of relevant experience may be substituted for education (13-15 years total)
- Ability to pass a background check including fingerprinting and a Public Trust Clearance
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.