Ref ID: 01120-9502759069
Classification: Cyber Security Engineer
The IT Cyber Security Engineer is to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the corporate enterprise network are maintained at a high level of security, by implementing proven technologies and robust security standards. This position is a highly visible role within the organization. Given the nature of the work, in addition to being conversant with technology, the candidate must be very well-organized, self-motivated, curious, display a strong attention to detail and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
Additionally, the IT Cyber Security Engineer will work to normalize new data utilizing the Common Information Model, maintain relationships with data producers to ensure continuity of data during enterprise/infrastructure changes, and create and enforce logging standards. This engineer will also be responsible for developing content to support security and operational monitoring and alerting to various teams and lines of business and other third-party orchestration.
• Advanced knowledge of IT Security theory/practices
• Demonstrated success leveraging automation (e.g. Chef, AWS, Ansible), including bash/java/python scripting, to improve speed of infrastructure management.
• Advanced knowledge of IT Risk theory/practices
• Advanced knowledge of IT Security Engineering principles
• Experience in Active Directory and Microsoft MFA Security Solutions
• Develops and maintains security systems including but not limited to: Anti-Malware, Security Awareness Training, Web and Email Content Filter, Identity Management, Access Control, Privileged Access, Log Correlation and Analysis systems and solutions.
• Building automation, dashboards, correlations, key performance indicators, to empower security operations by improving the quality of their threat detection capabilities.
• Clear understanding of network security controls, firewalls, intrusion prevention systems, security information event management systems, and security standards
• Working experience with cyber security infrastructure building blocks (e.g. firewalls, IDS, IPS, SIEM, DNS, routers, SSL Inspection, switches, load balancers, and anti-malware)
• Experience with securing, implementing and managing systems and networks mixing Windows, Linux, Unix, and Mac OS devices
• Experience working in Security Operations Center (SOC) and Incident Response Teams
• Present to Director IT security reports weekly on progress, problems and solutions
• Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills; Ability to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgment, and diplomacy when interacting and/or negotiating with internal and external customers
• Understanding of agile and software development life cycle concepts.
• Provide security engineering and architecture input and solutions to the Incident Response activities and processes and perform root cause analyses as part of team.
• Knowledge of Vulnerability Management Systems and Penetration Testing techniques
• Experience using Cyber Security Training tools like Proofpoint
• Experience implementing and managing Identity and Access Management Systems
• Experience in MS Azure, Power BI, MS Project, Visio, Workflows, Process Maps desirable