The Cyber Intelligence Analyst will serve as a member of the Intel Analysis team within Cyber Intelligence Services (CIS), and will interact with other teams within Enterprise Information Security (EIS) and Cyber Defense (CD). Analyst will research and report on existing and emerging cyber threats against Critical Infrastructure, particularly those directed against the healthcare and financial sectors. The Analyst will provide reporting and briefings regularly to other teams and EIS/CD leadership in order to maintain appropriate levels of situational awareness. Additionally, Analyst will assist in development and implementation of information security policies and procedures.
- 5 or more years in intelligence, preferably with a focus on cyber or TECHINT.
- Experience with the methods, sources, tools, and subject-matter pertaining to cyber threat intelligence collection and analysis
- High level knowledge of adversary activities in cyberspace and intrusion set tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTP)
- Strong understanding of the root causes of breaches and malware infections
- Familiarity with tracking and predicting emerging industry trends
- Capable of analyzing, producing, and disseminating cyber threat products that assist in identifying threats and risk mitigation measures
- Good communication and writing skills
- Regular Public speaking
- MS Office products
- Common intelligence report formats
- Must have TS/SCI clearance and preferably DHS/CISA Suitability
- IAT Level I or II – for 8570 compliance such as Security+, CISSP, GSEC
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting, however, may be required to work from home temporarily due to space limitations.
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- Formal training/education as an intelligence analyst or officer
- Undergraduate degree in applicable area of expertise or equivalent experience
- 5 or more years in Cyber Threat intelligence
- Master’s degree in an intelligence related field
- Ability to collect, authenticate, validate and document online evidence
- Experience briefing senior leadership
- Strong understanding of the MITRE ATT&CK Framework
- Ability to analyze technical data to identify and extract attacker TTPs, identify unique malware attributes, and pivot to related activity or information that could support defensive mitigation and hardening efforts
- Knowledge of cyber laws and their effect on the cyber environment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.