SNI is looking for a Customer Service Specialist
Are you a team player?
Are you driven and self-motivated?
Do you enjoy building relationships while making an impact on customers?
The Customer Service Specialist position is responsible for taking a leadership role in communicating transactions for all accounts.
As a Customer Service Specialist you will:
* Creating bookings, track shipments, coordinate equipment and dispatch functions, facilitate paperwork for documentation, etc.
* Ensure high level customer satisfaction with all transactions.
* Generate specific individualized reports, as required by customers via SQL and CargoWise.
* Represent shipper's interest with other departments, such as, equipment control, dispatch, pricing and operations, etc.
* Coordinate transfer loads and appointments when necessary.
* Track and coordinate loads with customers and operations department.
* Communicate with respective sales representatives.
* Provide support to Booking, VMR, Shipment Services, Fleet and Inland groups.
* Respond to each customer contact with courtesy and professionalism (telephone, email, etc.)
* Build and enhance customer relationships at every touch point for customers.
* Research, follow-up and resolve customer problems in a timely fashion.
* Communicate, follow-up with customers, sales and internal departments to resolve problems.
* Attract potential customers by answering product and service questions; suggesting information about other products and services.
* Create and maintain customer accounts by recording and updating account information.
* Resolve product or service problems by clarifying the customer's complaint; determining the root cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
* Recommend potential products or services to management by collecting customer information and analyzing customer needs.
* Prepare product or service reports by collecting and analyzing customer information.
* Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
* Prioritize multiple tasks to ensure urgent problems are resolved quickly.
* Reduce service failures and costs providing accurate information in a timely manner.
* Provide information to customers related to sailing schedules, equipment availability, container status, routing, rates etc.
* Inform customers of the applicable policies, regulations and rules that affect the shipment.
* Promote electronic ways of doing business with client
* Identify innovative ways to improve our department business model and carry out Continuous Improvement practices whenever possible.
* Observe all company and department rules, requests, and procedures.
* Build positive and collaborative relationships with internal employees and internal departments on a continuous basis.
* Participate in and promote company and department initiatives.
* Pursue continual learning pertaining to industry standards, regulatory requirements and general industry training.
* Identify personal mistakes or errors in bookings processes and proactively work to avoid re-occurring errors by yourself and your department.
* Support the TEAM approach and company values in delivering consistent, value-added services to our customers with professionalism.
The ideal candidate has:
* Bilingual Skills English/Spanish required.
* A general understanding of Logistics Industry, Transportation Industry, Shipping Industry or equivalent knowledge is preferred.
* Candidate should have experience dealing with customers and an ability to provide examples of how they displayed superior customer service experiences to their customers in prior roles.
* Candidate must have a strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, accurate data entry and a general competency in understanding computer systems.
* Candidate must demonstrate an ability and capacity to learn new systems and processes within a high impact, high volume, and high demand call center.
* Customer Service, Product Knowledge, Quality Focus, Problem Solving, Market Knowledge, Documentation Skills, Listening, Phone Skills, Resolving Conflict, Analyzing Information, Multi-tasking, Meeting Sales Goals, Self-Confidence, Presentation Skills, Client Relationships, Motivation for Sales, Accountability, Ability to work independently with little or no direction from the team and managers.
Education & Experience:
*High school diploma required, Associate Degree or Bachelor Degree preferred. Five or more years of customer service experience, with three years of transportation experience preferred.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required as subject to Executive Order 14042.