Customer Service Representative
Are you passionate about customer service? Looking to build your career in an exciting industry and a growing world class organization? Come see why so many of our team members recommend us to their friends!
Who are we?
Target Specialty Products is proud to be a leading national wholesale distributor of specialty agricultural chemicals, application equipment, products, supplies, services and education. We serve the entire United States from 42 conveniently located branch locations in the U.S. and Canada and provide products and services throughout multiple industries, in both the private and public sector.
What do our Customer Service Representatives do?
Our Customer Service Representatives are responsible for performing sales order, purchase order and warehouse transfer entries: invoicing, credit memo invoicing, inventory adjustments, receiving, daily sales register update, month end update and customer service duties in an efficient and accurate manner. In addition, a key responsibility is to organize and put together bid proposals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Perform daily order entry and billing functions; generate shipping orders, invoices for mailing and initiate back orders
- Enter appropriate customer information into the computer system in an accurate manner
- Answer questions from sales staff and customers regarding products and orders using information available from the inventory and distribution management software
- Monitor billings for accuracy and communicate with personnel to resolve discrepancies or verify unusual items
- Research discrepancies and debit memos to accurately process, issue and post credits/debits to customer accounts as necessary
- Reconcile inventory
- Assist in daily and month end closing by assuring all appropriate information is entered into computer
- Other duties may be assigned
What do you need?
- High school diploma or GED
- 2 years of call center experience
- Have excellent listening and communication skills
- Have a pleasant phone voice and ability to clearly speak and be understood on the phone
- Demonstrate multitasking skills to enter accurate data and type while speaking with customers
- Remain calm and able to work under pressure when busy and help other team members
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to learn
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Available to work Monday-Friday and Saturdays as needed
- Must pass pre-employment background screen and drug screen
Why Choose Target Specialty Products?
A career with Target is exactly that - a professional trajectory filled with opportunity. We pride ourselves on being a world class team that rewards high performance. We offer competitive pay on a bi-weekly pay schedule and many of our roles offer incentives based on performance and providing exceptional customer experience.
Below you'll find information about some of what Target Specialty Products has to offer. All Full-Time Colleagues qualify for the following and Part-Time Colleagues qualify for most benefits when they meet certain criteria.
- Professional and Personal Growth:
- Robust Paid Training & Professional Development Path
- Opportunity to grow - We love to promote from within!
- Fantastic Tuition Reimbursement benefits & Scholarship Programs (for FT Colleagues)
- Excellent Health benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Access to Flexible Spending Accounts for Health-care or Dependent Care Expenses
- Outstanding Company-Paid Short Term Disability
- Access to Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance Program that offers services such as free counseling services, will preparation, discounts to health clubs, and other benefits
- Company-paid sick time
- Savings & Retirement:
- 401(k) retirement plan with highly-competitive company-matching contributions
- Holiday Savings Club option with company-matching funds
- Employee Discounts (includes many offerings, including cellular/mobile service, health clubs, and more)
- Work-Life Balance:
- Vacation Days & sick days
- Company-Paid Holidays & Floating Holidays
We are looking for individuals who want to make a difference where our customers live and work. Is that you?
Target Specialty Products is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to equality in every aspect of employment. As we expand, we are focused on building a foundation of diverse talent and equality in all areas of our workforce. All qualified applicants receive equal consideration, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Link to Federal employment poster:
- English Version - Revised November 2009
- Spanish Version - Revised November 2009
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
- English (Formatted)
- English (Unformatted)