Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
General Equivalency Diploma
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
OurJacksonville BaymeadowsCall Center Team primarily provides customer support to consumers via telephone and/or Internet, e.g., instant message, email. Handle customer inquiries and resolve simple and basic support issues, such as address changes, processing orders, warranty or billing/payment. For product or service-related issues, will move customer to appropriate Product Support Specialist. At FIS we believe that our front-line associates are as important as our clients and consumers for whom we provide services and support.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides customer support by phone, email or instant message to consumers. Serves as primary contact for inbound customer issues. Escalates more technical product-related issues to proper Product Support department.
- Processes a high volume of consumer inquiries of FIS products and services and resolves a targeted percentage of those inquiries.
- Troubleshoots customer problems, identifies root cause of problem and uses tool and resources appropriately to determine how to resolve customer problems.
- When unable to resolve problems in a reasonable amount of time, will escalate to appropriate resource. Follows up on escalated issues with coaching and mentoring to learn appropriate solution and expand overall knowledge.
- Tracks and documents inbound support requests and ensures proper notation of customer problems or issues.
- Updates customer information and ensures accurate entry of contact information.
- Meets standards of job, such as quality standards, adherence to schedule and average handle time.
- May provide guidance and/or mentoring to less experienced Customer Service Associates - Consumer.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
THIS POSITION IS SCHEDULED TO START MONDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2020. Mandatory/paid training will be held Monday - Friday 6:00 am - 3:00 pm for 4 weeks . Your permanent schedule will be 1st or 2nd shift in which you will have1 weekday and 1 weekend day off. Schedule flexibility is a MUST.
What you bring:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Prior call center and/or banking experience preferred
- Excellent customer service skills (verbal and written) that foster customer satisfaction
- Intermediate computer navigation and operation skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Knowledge of the company's products, services and business operations to enable resolution of customer inquiries
- Demonstrates effective people skills and sensitivities when dealing with others
What we offer you
- Attractive benefits including employer sponsored medical, dental and vision coverage
- Competitive compensation and benefit package
- Great work spaces with dedicated and motivated colleagues
- Career advancement opportunities
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Entry level role. Basic skills with moderate level of proficiency. Generally performs a high volume of basic customer service inquires about FIS' products and services by following standard scripts and procedures. Works under close supervision without latitude for independent judgment. Consults with senior peers and team leads on non-complex issues to learn through experience. Typically requires six months or more experience in a call center or customer service-related job in a service industry. One or more years financial services experience is preferable.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.