Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
General Equivalency Diploma
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the role
- Provides customer support by phone, email or instant message to business customers. Serves as primary contact for inbound customer issues. Escalates more technical product-related issues to proper Product Support department.
What you will be doing
- Processes a high volume of customer inquiries of FIS products and services and resolves a targeted percentage of those inquiries.
- Troubleshoots customer problems, identifies the root cause of the problem and uses tools and resources appropriately to determine how to resolve customer problems.
- When unable to resolve problems in a reasonable amount of time, will escalate to appropriate resource. Follows up on escalated issues with coaching and mentoring to learn appropriate solution and expand overall knowledge.
- Tracks and documents inbound support requests and ensures proper notation of customer problems or issues.
- Updates customer information and ensures accurate entry of contact information.
- Meets standards of job, such as quality standards, adherence to schedule and average handle time.
- May provide guidance and/or mentoring to less experienced associates.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring
- Knowledge of the company's products, services and business operations to enable resolution of customer inquiries
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer navigation and operation skills
- Demonstrates effective people skills and sensitivities when dealing with others
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS High school diploma or GED
What we offer you
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Experienced support role. Highly-skilled with extensive proficiency. Responds to a high volume of inquiries about FIS's products and services. Questions and issues are predominantly routine but associate must be able to deviate from standard scripts and procedures as needed. Handles situations which may require adaptation of response or extensive research. May require advanced problem solving. Plays a lead role in customer escalations. Coaches and shares information with professionals with less experience and/or expertise. Works under general supervision with some latitude for independent judgment. Typically requires three or more years of experience in a call center or customer service-related job in a service industry. One or more years financial services experience is preferable.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.