Ameris Bank is a high-performing community bank providing an exceptional customer experience with well trained, empowered employees. At Ameris, we look outside conventional wisdom and processes to find new answers. This means cutting red tape, empowering our people to make decisions at the local level and creating clear paths and easy touchpoints. We represent energy and passion, a steady strength that is bold and assertive, creativity in thinking and problem solving, a scrappy determination and nimble approach to getting things done, a good natured, genuine and approachable way of serving each other and our customers. We look forward to the future, and what this means for you, if you join our team.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide loan structure guidance and apply analytical assistance to mitigate risks in relationships consistent with Ameris Bank loan policies.
- Work with Regional Credit Officer in recommending appropriate structure, e.g., financial and non-financial covenants, and any special approval conditions.
- Facilitate the receipt of financial updates on lending relationships.
- Assist with the preparation of detailed analysis of borrower's financials for moderate-to-high complexity new and renewal loans, and prepare Loan Committee approvals and updates as needed.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of concise, well-reasoned, credit memorandums to maintain timely administration of the loan portfolio.
- Assist with the monitoring of the loan portfolio through report preparation and maintenance.
- Perform financial covenant testing for borrowers.
- Communicate material financial changes or covenant non-compliance within existing relationships to the Regional Credit Officer.
- Prepare Market Studies and Annual Reviews as needed.
- Manage all needed resources that will efficiently obtain the credit approval of loans requiring approvals above individual officer limits.
- Assist with the presentation of loan requests to the respective committees for approval.
- Work with Commercial Banking Assistants, Account Officers, and other providers to manage the closure and funding of loans.
- Participate in business development efforts with Account Officers which would include prospect call support and identifying potential additional product needs during underwriting.
- Exhibit a thorough understanding of the Ameris Bank credit culture and the terms and conditions under which loans should be presented and closed.
- Maintain awareness of Ameris Bank products and services and how they can be offered to clients and prospects.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on relationship building both internally and with Ameris clients and prospects.
- Exceptional credit and analytical skills.
- Highly developed communication skills including the ability to write clear and concise credit correspondence.
- Capability to independently and proactively manage various relationships and effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to advocate persuasively.
- Highly proficient in Moody’s software and cash flow analyses.
- Expertise in financial computer applications (primarily Microsoft Excel) and database management tools
Industry and Work Experience:
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience analyzing and/or structuring loan transactions in a corporate lending environment, including developing complex cash flows and analyses.
- An undergraduate degree is required with focus in the areas of finance, economics, or accounting preferred
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)