CSI Financial is actively interviewing corporate financial analysts. This is a fundamental analyst role within a dynamic corporate finance team. If you are a Finance professional in Jacksonville or consideration relocation nearby, please email us your resume today!
Overview of Role
Under the direction of the Finance Manager, the Financial Analyst will provide financial guidance to the company through the analysis and reporting of overall company financials, SG&A, Operations expenses, and various other financial initiatives.
- Facilitate budgeting and forecasting for costs associated with overhead, operations, and general corporate functions. Work closely with business leaders to develop cost plans, reporting, and other analysis.
- Produce ad hoc analyses for key business leaders. Examples include examining key performance indicators for overhead costs, documenting material variances to management, producing sensitivity analysis for various budget and forecast decisions, and constructing scenarios related to our forecast.
- Support the Finance Manager with the full business budgeting and forecasting model. Includes ownership of detailed supporting schedules for key Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet items used in planning the business.
- Support the Finance Manager with production of monthly and quarterly reporting (including key performance indicators and global metrics) to Executive Leadership, and the Board of Directors.
- Document key variances in actual results vs. plan. Examine trends both for feedback to management on decision-making and future forecasts.
- 4 year degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent field of study; MBA/CPA preferred.
- 2-4 years of work experience related to accounting and financial analysis; combination of education and work experience considered
- Experience in detailed financial modeling
- Understanding of the inner workings of financial statements (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow) and the influence put on them by business decisions.
- Familiarity with capex budgeting and measuring project economics
- A demonstrated ability to create new approaches and conceive and construct financial analyses.
- Familiarity with accounting close processes
- Proficiency with various PC applications (JD Edwards experience preferred), database software knowledge, advanced spreadsheet and modeling skills. Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills required.
Skills and Abilities Required
- Demonstrated ability to maintain sensitive data in a professional manner
- Must be a self-starter and results-focused; demonstrated ability to take guidance and run projects/assignments to completion
- Strong analytical and modeling skills
- Must be able to effectively deal with detail as well as think globally
- Strong interpersonal and team skills
- Must be able to balance technical skills with business knowledge
- Effectively handles pressures and demands of multiple departments and competing priorities and adapts quickly to rapidly changing business requirements
- Consistently challenges current status and shows how things can be improved; must have a healthy sense of skepticism and a desire to ask the question “does this make sense?”
- Good communication skills and proven track record working in cross-functional teams; demonstrated ability to develop positive working relationships with peers in other departments
- Leadership qualities
- Strong grasp of Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables, VLookups, advanced formulas), familiarity with JD Edwards preferred
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
For a quick response, please email resume to CSI National Recruiter, Petrina at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]