Your #1 Responsibility:
Bring your unique self and perspective to our team and culture As a Copywriter here, you'll have responsibilities beyond the mere basics of the job title. You will create fresh, new and conceptual ideas for Disney Parks and Resorts alongside talented team members. You will show your skills and creative thinking for a range of advertising media. Social and digital by design, we expect every Yellow Shoes creative team member to grasp the importance of thinking creatively in a tech-inspired world. As part of our team, being unprejudiced and having a passion to learn will take you very far.
You will report to a Creative Director.
Yellow Shoes is the award-winning, in-house agency that develops creative strategies and solutions to support the Walt Disney Parks & Resorts segment driving individual business results while effectively communicating and building the brand and overall Disney reputation. Our competitive advantage is an intimate knowledge of, and unique integration within, each individual WDPR business. Project Management is the internal agency engine, linking all agency functions and managing projects end-to-end to deliver a high volume of projects on-time and on-budget.
- Work well with an Art Director partner to bring compelling ideas.
- Contribute ideas for content to be used the digital and social channels associated with the Disney Parks and Resorts group.
- Participate in creative briefings and decipher the needs of assignment.
- Be prompt delivering projects according to timelines and deadlines.
- Offer refined and well-written creative materials for all presentations
- Construct creative presentation under the guidance of the Creative Director.
- Take direction from Sr. Creatives (Sr., ACD, CD) to provide assignments at their level of expectation and with their direction.
- Master different brand voices and styles.
Basic Qualifications :
- 3+ years copywriting in an agency setting, or related experience.
- Enthusiasm when sharing ideas internally.
- Willingness to "raise your hand" and contribute.
- Take and synthesize critique.
- Competency in ideating in the digital and social space.
- Experience managing various projects with quick timelines and deadlines.
- Experience presenting to all levels for creative presentations and be proficient in presentation software (PowerPoint, Keynote, and Google Slides).
- Strong ear for music is a bonus.
- Knowledge and genuine interest in the Walt Disney Company history including films, animation, television and theme parks.
- 3+ years in an agency setting, or related experience.
Required Education :
An associates (2 year) degree in Advertising, English, Journalism, or any other related writing discipline.
Preferred Education :
A bachelor's (4 year) degree in liberal arts or from an ad school.
Additional Information :
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.