STS Technical Services is hiring Contracts Specialists in Jacksonville, Florida.
Provides subject matter expertise in the areas of contracting and other disciplines as they relate to the development of contract related documents, programs, and activities for Department of Defense (DoD) and Foreign Military Sales (FMS) including risk mitigation. Assists lower level contract specialists in processing contractual documents, collecting data, and preparing reports. Has a working knowledge of FAR, DFARS, and GSA regulations. Prepares and develops contract requirement packages (CRP); to include preparation and assistance with the development of the Statement of Work, Justification and Approvals, Contract Data Requirement Lists, and other pertinent documents required for the CRP. Routinely, interfaces with internal and external customers at all levels including executive management to obtain necessary approvals, in preparing contract and subcontract documentation packages for review /approval, and other related activities. This position requires independent judgment, analysis decisions for significant issue identification and resolution.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Knowledge of various types of DOD contracts, methods of contracting, and selection factors to plan appropriate strategies to procure complex requirements, and to conduct negotiations in the pre-award and post award phases of contracting.
- Provides sound contract management oversight to assure that business agreements are made in accordance with Company objectives and regulations and with the US Government and Department of Defense contracting requirements Federal
- Acquisition Regulations/Defense Federal Acquisition (FAR/DFAR).
- Assists in the formation of collaborative agreements.
- Review and prepare comments on Request for Proposals (RFPs) and interprets RFP requirements to ensure the requirements in the RFP are compliant to the contract.
- Develops and writes proposals in response to the customer???s request for proposals (RFPs)
- Reviews and identifies noncompliant terms and conditions and works with proposal team to migrate risks.
- Ensures proposal review process is conducted and proposal complies with approved parameters
- Interprets and communicates requirements, ensures compliance; documents changes.
- Supports contract dispute resolutions processes and serves as the primary customer interface.
- Prepares the necessary documents for negotiations
- Prepares the negotiation strategy and negotiates within the agreed upon authority price
- Complies with contractual obligations and milestones that are critical to the contract
- Interfaces with all levels of management within Embraer.
- Contributes to process and policy improvements.
- DOCCON maintenance/cleaning
- Performs related activities within the ERP system (SAP & Deltek)
- BA/BS in Business Administration/Legal Studies/Contracts Management or related field is required. Master???s Degree is a plus
- Generally 5-7 years of professional Department of Defense Contracting & Subcontracting experience or a minimum of 3-4 years of experience with a M/S/MA graduate degree.
- Must have US Government Contracting experience
- Experience working in a CAS compliant environment is a plus.
- Must have experience working with U.S. Government/ International / commercial contract/subcontract negotiations and contracting.
- Knowledge of Cost Plus Fixed Fee, Cost Plus Award Fee/ Incentive Fee, Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity and Firm Fixed Price type contracts.
- Knowledge of International Traffic and Arms Regulations requirements.
- Comprehension and understanding of broad practices associated within the field assigned.
- Role requires ability to work across multiple functional departments/organizations and globally.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and phone etiquette.
- Strong negotiating skills, analytical skills and detailed oriented.
- Proven change agent & results orientated
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a time sensitive environment.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Access). SAP/Deltek experience is a plus
- Fluent in Portuguese is a plus
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that???s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries. Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore! If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787. STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer. #ZR