Our Construction Project Manager manages, inspects and oversees construction of new and relocation stores, store remodels and other various types of construction projects within their respective region to ensure that procedures, processes and materials comply with plans, specifications, schedules, and contracts by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Schedules and conducts various construction related meetings with Developer, General Contractor and Subcontractors to review site and building plans, specifications, construction schedule, material delivery, inspection issues, critical dates, costs and proposals. These meetings include but are not limited to pre-construction, pre-bid and punch list.
- Manages and observes work in progress on each projects within their respective region to ensure that standard construction practices and procedures are followed and materials used conform to specifications, budgets and schedules. Requires periodic site visits and weekly updates.
- Reviews and checks plans and specifications with contractor during construction to ensure compliance with Advance Auto Parts standards and regulations governing construction. Manage, coordinate and communicate with Company’s internal resources; Real Estate Managers, Store Planning and Design, Sign Coordinators, Fixture Team, Merchandise Team, Information Technology, Security, Store Operations Team and Construction Field Personnel for timely completion, adhering to scheduled opening, and budget.
- Maintains weekly reports on construction and inspection activities and compares progress reports.
- Develops project punch lists for each location Inspects workmanship of completed installations for conformance to standards, receive certificate of occupancy, punch list completeness follow up and final approval.
- Review and initial approval of any related invoices, application for payment, change orders, and project close out documents.
- Must be familiar with various building types and construction techniques.
- Surveys existing buildings and site, verifies accuracy of building dimensions, identify and locate critical structures equipment for store fixture merchandising plans Assist in the development of a scope of work and budget for projects.
- Knowledgeable in standard construction costs, forms, and procedures with ability to review and create construction estimates to compare with industry standards.
- Seeks and submit qualifications for final approval group of qualified contractors, subcontractors, and other related professionals and maintains file project of same group for their respective region
- Perform additional duties as may be assigned or required
Manages a group consisting of internal and external resources; contractors, subcontractors, vendors, materials for each project within their assigned region.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel is extensive. Expected to travel a minimum of 85% to visit project locations within assigned territory. Weekend travel may be required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university and 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Working knowledge of computer programs; MS Outlook, Word, Excel and Access.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as architectural and engineering construction plans, specifications, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondences. Ability to communicate and interact verbally and written with other related field project team members; Architects, Engineers, Developers, Real Estate Managers, Contractors, Subcontractors and Vendors
Ability to apply mathematical operations to such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry for estimating.
Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in written, oral, diagram, mathematical or schedule form to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
A valid State Driver’s License is required. General Contractors License is helpful, although not required.