MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Seeking experienced estimator with previous residential construction experience.
Client is based in Jacksonville with offices throughout Florida. Pre-con team looking to add talent. Estimator will work on vast array of construction project bids: Single Family and Residential.
- Prepare a detailed estimate by completing quantity take-offs, analysis, estimate input, and studies for all items incorporated in the assigned scope.
- Prepare and assemble bids and proposals for different contract types
- Lead the document management for the project, including receiving drawings and specifications, providing the proper file structure and distribution to all parties.
- Serve as liaison with subcontractors, design team (architects, engineers, consultants) and client -- Point of contact for managing assigned trade subcontractors and distributing information.
- Support constructability reviews through communication with the project team, designers, and subcontractor market.
- Develop a value analysis study by defining alternatives to the proposed scope that are more cost-efficient.
- Bachelor's degree is strongly preferred
- 5+ years of experience in related experience within the Residential construction industry
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule.
- Strong communication to be able to act as liaison between of number of groups involved in the bid
Base salary + Bonus. Great benefits. 401k