Incumbents of this position must be U.S. Citizens and possess a valid drivers license to support off site facilities.
Job Summary: Responsible for design installation, troubleshooting, asset management ,configuration and support of all computerized information systems for assigned Navy Exchange activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides Information Technology (IT) services and support to Navy Exchanges, Navy Lodges, NEX Distribution Centers/warehouses, and district offices in a region and other activities outside the region as assigned.
- Responsible for: technical and logistical support, user services, and maintenance of telecommunication, network, Point of Sale, RF, and Desktop computing equipment, as well as dumb terminals, printers/multi-function devices and other related peripheral equipment.
- Performs capacity planning and analysis for new and currently installed networks.
- Installs and modifies network hardware and software as required.
- Installs and modifies desktop computing hardware and software as required.
- Implements new networks from design through post installation stages including cable plants, installation, and testing.
- Responsible for documentation of, and ongoing asset management of, networks and all IT equipment in the region.
- Performs troubleshooting and repair of down or malfunctioning networks and equipment.
- Assists in performing ongoing optimization of networks and desktop computing systems in the region.
- Assists in minor computer operations maintenance and troubleshooting for Distribution Center mainframe, and provides support for Distribution Center conveyor equipment.
- Acts as Code I point of contact in the field for store and distribution center management.
- Provides oral and written reports to regional lead technician and Field Support Supervisor.
- Takes technical and operational direction from NEXCOM Field Support Supervisor, and Regional Lead Technician.
- Ensure/implement the rigorous application of Information Security/Information Assurance policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of Systems, Applications and/or Services (Hardware Software).
- Must possess valid drivers license to support off site facilities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
SECNAV M-5239.2 DoN, Information Assurance (IA) Workforce Manual requires that all incumbents of this position possess, and maintain current two types of certifications as follows:
IA Certification: One of the following certifications: A+, Network+, Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) or one of the following higher level certification: Security+, GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC), Security Certified Network Professional (SCNP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), GIAC Security Expert (GSE), Security Certified Network Architect (SCNA).
NEXCOM preferred certification is Network +
Technical Certification: MCDST, MCTS Window 7 certification or any replacement certificate or exam that Microsoft may announce in the future to replace Windows 7 Configuration Exam 680.
Certification must be valid (not expired) as defined by the policy of the certification issuer.
Candidates without the required certification may be placed into this job, but must obtain the required certification within 6 months of appointment failure; to obtain the proper certification requirement will result in termination of employment.
This position is designated IT-2 (Noncritical Sensitive) in accordance with SECNAV M-5510.30 and will require a favorable Access National Agency Check and Inquiries (ANACI).