At Vet Comp & Pen we Fight for Veteran Benefits every day. The HR Communications Manager is a full time, permanent role.
Job Summary for Communications Manager:
The Communications Manager will facilitate and improve communication among employees, the Human Resource department, and executive leadership, to ensure that employees are familiar with the organization’s mission, goals, policies, and expectations. The Communications Manager will have access to the following benefits once joining the Loxley team:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, and other wonderful benefits available
- 10 federal holidays off PLUS Veterans Day
- Paid time off
- Joining a rapidly growing organization
Essential Responsibilities & Duties for Communications Manager:
- Serves as the liaison and spokesperson for the Human Resources Leadership Team, providing collaborative guidance and advice on integrated communication strategies to build employee morale, productivity, retention, and policy compliance.
- Takes the lead in the research, development, drafting, publication, and distribution of the employee handbook; conducts informational meetings, training sessions, and other communication forums to explain and discuss Human Resources policies.
- Communicates initiatives and deadlines to employees in a variety of print, digital, and interpersonal methods; tasks may include creating and publishing company newsletters, calendars, blogs and Intranet posts, and hosting meetings.
- Drafts and distributes reference materials such as open enrollment materials, goal and performance review initiatives, and summaries of perks and benefits.
- Implements, conducts, facilitates, and/or analyzes results of employee morale and retention initiatives such as incentive programs, stay interviews, career development meetings, employee surveys, and exit interviews.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, developments, and best practices in employee retention, morale, recognition, productivity, and incentives.
- Collaborates with safety, health, and environmental managers to coordinate the company's compliance posters and notices.
- Promotes and attends special events and functions; promotes and reports on corporate milestones and activities such as company goals and projects; new products or services; community service activities; and new hires, promotions, and retirements.
- Arranges for photography for special company events.
- Creates informative and noteworthy content for special events.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Competencies for Communications Manager:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, counseling, and coaching skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Ability to work independently and make independent decisions.
- Ability to work within timeframe of standard policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality related to sensitive company and employee information.
- Growing knowledge of HR principles and federal/local regulations.
- Excellent ability to multi-task and prioritize in a busy, fast-growth environment.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write articles for publication that conform to approved style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Communications, Journalism, or related field required.
- 5+ yrs. prior experience in a communications role required with coaching, counseling, or leadership experience highly desired.
Keywords: Communications Manager, Communication, Liaison, HR, Human Resources, Implementation, Spokesperson
This position is TEMPORARILY remote due to Covid-19. Once the executive decision is made to return to our office space, you will be required to report to the physical location. We are also mandating remote employees have a minimum internet speed of 10 Download/5 Upload to be eligible for hire.