The pay range for this role is $43010- $54890 annually and is based on experience and qualifications.
Medical, Dental and vision insurance
Paid Time Off
401(k) plan with company matching contribution
Supplemental Voluntary Benefits
Employee Referral Program
Employee Discount Program
- Establish good working relationships with internal Commercial Account Points of Contacts by performing proactive field care calls, promoting the full product line and services offered by Protection One, and obtaining accurate central station information required for the monitoring and servicing of the account.
- Assist Commercial Tech Support Representatives with account questions and issues, working towards resolution.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and updating all reports utilized within the Commercial Tech Support team and providing oral and written updates to leadership outlining any issues that arise.
- Responsible for assisting external and internal customers with technical questions by demonstrating the ability to troubleshoot a wide variety of diverse products.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform quality control installations, account set-ups, schedule branch service calls, upload/download all types of panels, and perform special projects as assigned.
- Routine meeting with Commercial Tech Support Representatives to review productivity and quality of work. Review on-going account set-ups, special projects, etc to ensure completion within given deadlines. Report to Manager Technical Support Services and department director on-going coaching and progress of Commercial Tech Support team.
- Assist Manager Technical Support Services and department director in interviewing/hiring/written coaching/terminations as needed.
- Assist Commercial Tech Support representatives by handling escalated phone calls.
- Ensure that Commercial Tech Support team has all required hardware to perform job duties and coordinate with IT department for timely resolution to issues.
- Demonstrate ability to ensure department goals by performing call quality audits, account audits for WinPAK and Video accounts with issued approval numbers, and quality audits on submitted VSIS forms.
- Coordinate with Manager Technical Support, Engineering, Monitoring and Customer Service departments in the development and implementation of new processes and procedures.
- Demonstrate flexibility to respond to departmental needs as changes in the workload warrant.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Position requires weekend, holiday and shift work and may require mandatory overtime.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s polices and applicable laws.
- Directly supervises Commercial Tech Support representatives. Responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Knowledge of panel communication formats including but not limited to CID, SIA 8, SIA 20, 4X2, 3X1 and Modem
- Extensive knowledge in Video Monitoring Applications and Card Access Systems.
- Extensive knowledge on WinPak software, DVR software such as Rapid-Eye and OzVision, and Elevator Phones programming and procedures such as Talk-A-Phone.
- Extensive knowledge with downloading software such as Compass, DLS, RPS, CADDX, AT&T, NAPCO, Silent Knight, and FireLite.
- Knowledge of all company departments and job responsibilities.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of supervision.
- Must be PC literate with a proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and Internet; ability to type 25 wpm and download programs as needed.
- Excellent time management, planning and forward-thinking skills.
- Self-motivated and professional attitude.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Excellent teambuilding, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess good decision making skills, be very organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to compose simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; twist; use hands to handle; push; pull or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The general work environment is characteristic of a normal office environment.
- Must be able to work varied shifts, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and three to four years experience with various alarm systems and their operation including experience with Fire Systems, 2-way systems, CCTV and Card Access to include two to three years leadership experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- College or technical training preferred.