CIT (NYSE: CIT) was born in 1908 when Henry Ittleson found a new way to make financing available to businesses in St. Louis, Missouri. Soon CIT was forging paths across the country, into Canada and overseas. But time and experience have produced innovations unimagined a century ago. True to its pioneering legacy, CIT remains an agent of opportunity, providing new resources and fresh perspectives to over one million clients across thirty industries around the globe.
CIT is a financial holding company. It provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across more than 30 industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A.
For more than 100 years, CIT has steadily innovated, providing carefully tailored financing solutions to meet the needs of a changing global economy. Along the way, CIT continually redefined what it means to be a financing partner, providing ideas as well as capital to build businesses - and relationships - that have endured for decades.
- The Credit Associate will be responsible for reviewing and analyzing client financial data to determine creditworthiness
- Responsibilities will include the review of both commercial and personal owner data in order to make sound credit decisions
- In addition the Credit Associate will need to be able to review company bank statements and be able to analyze Tax Returns at a high level to identify known risks
- The Credit Associate will be responsible for managing daily queue activity to ensure that service level agreements are met
- Daily responsibilities will also include assisting the funding/operations team on back end risk items as well as acting as a general resource for Sales, Funding, and Credit departments
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics or other related field is strongly preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience as a credit underwriter in the equipment leasing industry or in a credit related role in the finance/banking industry
- Experience evaluating consumer and commercial credit bureau reports
- Demonstrated success in college, if applicable. Demonstrates initiative/confidence and is decisive
- Ability to make effective, timely and sound recommendations and decisions on credit requests
- Ability to analyze data and complete a trend analysis
- Ability to work effectively in a self-directed, team-based environment.
- The ability to develop a good working relationship with sales/marketing personnel and customers
- Exceptional analytical and financial analysis skills and the capacity to quickly learn and apply credit assessment policies and procedures
- Demonstrates excellent verbal/written skills, interpersonal skills, analysis