SHIFT: No Weekends
Are you a service-oriented, patient-focused healthcare leader? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, first-class care facility? Take your career to the next level as a Collections Manager!
HCA Healthcare offers multiple health insurance plan options for you to select the coverage that best meets your needs. Choose from the medical, vision, and dental plans that accommodate your lifestyle. You can also take advantage of unique employee benefits such as the Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), Tuition Reimbursement, Consumer Discounts, Student Loan repayment, and our matching 401(k).
Job Summary – The Collections Manager is responsible for assisting the Director in daily operations of the Collections functions. The Manager is responsible for guiding the staff in their day to day responsibilities which includes mentoring and training them as needed.
Supervisor – Collections Director
Supervises – Team Lead, Analyst, Collector, Top Dollar Collector and Clerk
Duties (included but not limited to):
• Identify staffing needs and communicate those needs to the Collections Director
• Screen, interview, and hire new employees
• Arrange for the training of new employees
• Review and monitor collection reporting (e.g. EDW Trended Aging Report)
• Monitor pool inventories to ensure accounts are being worked and resolved timely.
• Review and take action on high dollar accounts as directed.
• Assure productivity of each staff member
• Review each staff member’s productivity and QA on a monthly basis and perform annual evaluations
• Counsel staff with disciplinary, productivity and/or QA issues
• Work as a liaison between the Collections staff and other SSC staff
• Resolve issues escalated by patients, Collections staff and other departments.
• Conduct monthly staff meetings, providing area overview, team motivation and ongoing training.
• Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Organization - proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
• Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing. This includes utilizing proper punctuation, correct spelling and the ability to transcribe accurately. The ability to communicate with staff, Parallon Management, Division and Group Executives
• Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
• PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
• Leadership - guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering leading quality services
• Tactical execution - oversees the development, deployment and direction of complex programs and processes
• Project Management - assesses work activities and allocates resources appropriately
• Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
• Basic skills - demonstrates ability to organize, perform and track multiple tasks accurately in short timeframes, have ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple demands, ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team player, adaptability, analytical and problem solving ability and attention to detail and able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field required. Equivalent work experience may substitute education requirements
Minimum three years’ experience in related area with two of these years being healthcare management experience OR completion of the Parallon Manager Trainee Program.
Parallon is an industry leader in revenue cycle services. We partner with over 650 hospitals and 2,400 physician practices nation-wide. Our parent company, HCA Healthcare, has been consistently named a World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere and is ranked in the Fortune 100. We are dedicated to ensuring our patients have the best experience even after they leave our facilities.
We are committed to caring like family! We look forward to reviewing your qualifications to join our magnificent team. We are dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. Unlock your possibilities by submitting your application today!