Cloud Developer- Senior Engineer needed to join a Global Leader!
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Susan Hanchett
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $120,000 - $140,000 per year
A bit about us:
We are a global leader in engineering simulation. We know that by embracing what makes us each unique, we become collectively better.
You will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary leaders across the globe. Collectively we strive to change the world with innovative technology and transformational solutions. With a prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, our standards are high – met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. We believe in learning. discovering, and collaborating. It’s about the “what’s next” as much as the “mission accomplished.” And it’s about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and do impact real people in real ways. All this is forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
Why join us?
- We believe in Collaboration and teamwork
- Committed to a culture of inclusion and belonging
- Strong core values
- Excellent Compensation
- Full Benefits Package
- PTO and Holidays
- Be part of a team that is an S&P Company and member of the NASDAQ-100
- Voted Bay Area Best Places to Work
- Winner of Gold Stevie Award for Great Employers
Summary / Role Purpose
The Senior R&D Engineer is responsible for the development of software products and supporting systems. In this role, the Senior R&D Engineer will use advanced technical and problem-solving skills to help the team tackle complex issues, satisfy customer requirements, and accomplish development objectives. The Senior R&D Engineer works with a dynamic team dedicated to the design, development, and maintenance of the next generation Simulation Process Data Management software. The focus of this role will revolve around development of our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) product offering.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in planning, architecture, and research
- Performs complex development activities that may require extensive analysis in areas including user experience, software design and solver research
- Employs best practices and helps to maintain them through technical reviews and mentoring
- Performs complex bug verification, release testing and beta support for assigned products. Researches problems discovered by QA or product support and develops solutions
- Researches and understands the marketing requirements for a product, including target environment, performance criteria and competitive issues. May work with strategic customers or proxies to assess needs and develop solutions
- Works independently with minimal supervision and may take on some planning and mentoring responsibilities
- May be responsible for managing interns or co-ops but typically does not have direct reports
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field with 5 years’ experience, MS with 3 years’ experience, or PhD with 1 year experience
- Commercial experience with designing/developing software to use REST, microservice architecture, Infrastructure-as-a-Service, Platform-as-a-Service, domain driven design, SW engineering principles and design patterns.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Passion for crafting robust and efficient code
- Experience delivering high-quality products in a large-scale commercial software development environment
- Understanding of customer requirements and tools used in this domain
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a geographically distributed team
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.