You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 10 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
There may be easier administrative jobs out there, but few offer the satisfaction of truly helping people manage their personal health and well-being. UnitedHealthcare, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans wherever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. Our customer service teams have a serious responsibility to make every contact informative, productive, positive and memorable. If you're the kind of person who wants to bring your contribution to a new level every day, find out more.
The Census Data Unit (CDU) is responsible for the management of the census data for accurate bed day reporting. Inpatient, skilled nursing and acute rehab cases are created in the appropriate UM applications and routed to the CDU for coverage determination, eligibility verification, and routing to the assigned facility nurse as per the Priority Review (PR) and Secondary Level of Care (SLOC) criteria. CDU is responsible for capturing the most accurate census data as possible, timely discharge date entry, managing future scheduled admissions, and referrals to the applicable case management and disease management programs, while meeting the turnaround time goals to support timely clinical review.
If the hired individual resides in Florida (office based or telecommuting) this position requires the AHCA Level II background check (fingerprinting) by the State of Florida for all clinicians that have direct face to face contact with members OR employees who will have access to confidential patient data and will require renewal every five years.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Manage notifications and case validation using standard process documents
- Route Priority Review inpatient cases from Intake to ICM and Generic work queue within required timeframe
- Focus on data integrity and accuracy for multiple downstream dependencies
- Foster collaborative working relationships with facilities, vendors, medical groups, internal clinical and non-clinical staff
- Orient new and existing facilities to the notification requirements / process
- Adhere to a work schedule based on business needs including weekend and holiday rotations
- Make timely case corrections based on the Health Care Economics Exception Reports
- Meets expected quality and productivity standards
- Be able to review benefit documents and quote INN and OON benefits
- Knowledge to create referrals in HSR
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Health care or health plan experience
- Previous experience working with Microsoft Office including Microsoft Outlook (ability to create, edit, save, and send documents), Microsoft Word (ability to create, edit, save, and send documents), and Microsoft Excel (ability to create, edit, save, and send documents)
- Ability to perform ICD-10, CPT and HCPC coding
- Previous experience working with HSR (IQUE)
- Understanding of basic medical terminology
- Ability to work 8:00 am - 6:00 pm Monday through Friday and on rotating weekends and holidays
- Live within 50 miles of a UHC office
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must have a quiet designated work space and access to install secure high-speed internet (minimum speed 1.5 download mps and 1 upload mps) via cable / DSL in home (NOTE: wireless/cell phone provider, satellite, microwave, etc... does NOT meet this requirement)
- Associate's Degree (or higher)
- Previous CDU experience
- Ability to work independently or with teams using process documents
- Comfort level to make out bound calls to facilities and provider offices
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $15.00 to $25.19. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, Healthcare, UnitedHealth, Clinical, Administrative, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #RPO