Serve as receptionist, assist clients, and take appropriate action in accordance with established procedures.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer telephone calls and either answer inquiries personally or transfer calls to appropriate person
- Greet persons who come to the office and assist them by answering questions, giving application form, helping them complete forms, or directing them to others who can deal with the person's concern
- Receive mail and distribute to appropriate individuals, and process outgoing mail in accordance with established procedure
- Make copy of identification and other forms provided for application file
- Provide applicants with address change forms, disability forms, criminal background forms, etc.
- Obtain income and other required verification
- File applications in accordance with established procedures
- Input and update information in computer, as needed
Must be able to sit in an office environment, walk upstairs to meet with clientele, able to lift-up to 25 lbs.
High school diploma or G.E.D. Certification plus one year of experience in data entry and general clerical work which included using computers and maintaining files, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.