Searching for a place to make your mark? Every great team depends on the individual contributions of its members – the skills, talents and the passion that each team member brings. At Citizens, we’re building a workforce of top achievers committed to our company’s mission and vision. Our company values the knowledge that comes from experienced and dedicated individuals with a variety of backgrounds, in or out of insurance.
Citizens’ Mission is to provide property insurance protection in Florida to those who are, in good faith, unable to obtain coverage through the private market while also providing the utmost in customer service. Our Values are public service, integrity, respect, responsiveness and sound judgment. We strive to not only provide affordable insurance products and services but also to provide sound financial responsibility to the citizens of Florida.
At Citizens, we are a team of dedicated, service-minded professionals committed to our policyholders. Come achieve and maximize your potential with us!
This position supports the internal audit team with design, development, and implementation of internal auditing policy and procedure. The individual manages client relationships, engagement risk assessments engagement budgets, engagement execution, reporting and issue management. This position is also responsible for identifying risks and monitoring critical financial, operational and system process areas throughout the organization to support the execution of a collaborative continuous audit approach.
The selected candidate for this role will focus on managing audits involving complex property claims and the claims litigation process. Experience in property and casualty insurance, property claims, litigated claims and the legal process is highly preferred.
• For some audit engagements responsible for managing staff, including engagement goal setting, planning and delegation of work, training, coaching and completing engagement level evaluations.
• For assigned audit engagements manage/oversee/conduct the audit process to ensure the engagement is appropriately staffed, that all audit objectives and key risks are understood, detailed audit programs support thorough control testing and results are documented in accordance with departmental standards and in alignment with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
• Manage and coordinate the presentation and acceptance of audit results to business unit management. Work closely with executive and senior management to ensure audit issues are understood, accepted and properly represented in final reports. Continue to monitor implementation of reported audit issues and ensure these are thoroughly addressed and resolved.
• Facilitate the audit process by resolving issues, responding to staff questions during the day-to-day progress of audits and collaborate and communicate regularly with management and related parties to ensure comprehensive and effective plans and practices.
• Through regular customer contact develop and maintain a thorough understanding of all significant activities, assess impact on risk and communicate that understanding as it relates to the rolling risk assessment and potential changes to audit plan.
• Work collaboratively with Enterprise Risk, Internal Controls, Inspector General, Compliance, IT Security, etc. to ensure comprehensive and effective plans and practices.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of leading internal audit principles, philosophy and practices
• Knowledge of leading internal control and risk management practices and standards and the ability to perform detailed risk assessments
• Strong communicator and a proven track record in interacting with all levels of management
• Analytical and critical thinking and problem solving
• Proven knowledge of management & administrative principles and processes
• Proven facilitator with strong oral, written communication and consultative skills
• Project Management
• Manage personnel and/or processes
• Well organized and be able to prioritize workload, as well as be resilient and calm under pressure
• Demonstrated leadership ability
• Demonstrated ability to build consensus across various constituencies, and achieve results through the effort of others
• Ability to present & facilitate to small and large groups to demonstrate strategies and procedures
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree OR 4 years relevant experience, OR a combination of college education and relevant experience equivalent to 4 years
• 5+ years of professional internal audit or relevant insurance industry experience, to include 2 or more years of supervisory/management experience.
• A strong team player with a positive attitude who could collaboratively work with all levels of management and across busines units and departments
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Three or more years property insurance industry experience with claims and claims litigation process exposure
• Knowledge of complex claims adjusting in claims litigation process, and claims legal billing best practices
• Skilled in coverage, liability and damages analysis, relevant case and statutory law and litigation management practices
• CPCU/CIA or other relevant certification is a plus
• Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree or Bachelor of Laws (L.L.B.) degree, or relevant experience
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This position requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, hear and converse over the telephone, and key frequently on a computer (4 or more hours per day).
We offer unlimited career potential, excellent training and development opportunities, and a structured Career Development program to explore future roles of interest while growing and developing in your existing role.
Citizens offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes comprehensive medical/dental, Retirement Savings Plan, Vacation and Sick Time, EAP, Tuition Reimbursement, Community Service and much more!
• Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
• Medical, dental and vision coverage
• Company Paid employee basic life insurance and short-term disability
• Generous paid time off: vacation, sick and holiday leave
• Employee Assistance and Wellness Programs
• Tuition reimbursement
• Professional and leadership development opportunities
• Flexible work schedule and Alternative Work Arrangements
• Company Paid Parking
• Employee recognition programs
• Relocation assistance (where applicable)
Citizens is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer