Searching for a place to make your mark? Every great team depends on the individual contributions of its members – the skills, talents and the passion that each team member brings. At Citizens, we’re building a workforce of top achievers committed to our company’s mission and vision. Our company values the knowledge that comes from experienced and dedicated individuals with a variety of backgrounds, in or out of insurance.
Citizens’ Mission is to provide property insurance protection in Florida to those who are, in good faith, unable to obtain coverage through the private market while also providing the utmost in customer service. Our Values are public service, integrity, respect, responsiveness and sound judgment. We strive to not only provide affordable insurance products and services but also to provide sound financial responsibility to the citizens of Florida.
At Citizens, we are a team of dedicated, service-minded professionals committed to our policyholders. Come achieve and maximize your potential with us!
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for providing customer service and support to the Claims Organization. This includes receiving, preparing and entering data in addition to providing customer service by responding to basic internal and external claim inquiries, assisting with the processing, identification and routing of Citizens incoming electronic claims correspondence to include faxed and email communication, preparation of claims loss payments for mailing and/or litigation suit matter setups and affiliated tasks
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: THE FOLLOWING ARE THE USUAL, BASIC AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION. THESE FUNCTIONS ARE NOT TO BE CONSTRUED AS AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES, AND SKILLS REQUIRED.
- Model ethical behavior and execute job responsibilities in accordance with Citizens core values, ethics, and information protection policies
- Provides claims and litigation related support to the Claims Organization and its special handling units
- Provides Customer Service to various internal and external business partners.
- Conducts research and data input utilizing the appropriate claim systems.
- Acts as a liaison to other business support units to assist with Customer claim related requests.
- Performs tasks or projects as assigned.
- Provides cross functional team support as needed, to include the execution of the business unit catastrophe plan.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet based programs.
- Experience with imaging related applications.
- Experience utilizing network folders/drives for compilation of documents.
- Multi-task in fast paced environment.
- Communicate verbally and professionally in written and verbal form.
- Work independently and efficiently.
- Identify discrepancies: accuracy and attention to detail required.
- Organize and coordinate assignments in a prioritized manner.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or educational equivalent (GED).
- One (1) year of customer service, insurance related, clerical or administrative experience.
- Associate Degree
- Two (2) or more years of customer service, insurance related, clerical or administrative experience.
This position requires the ability to sit, hear, converse over the telephone and key frequently on a computer for long periods of time (4 or more hours per day). This position requires ability to kneel and lift 10 lbs. This position may require occasional overnight travel during catastrophe response; and may be required to work for extended periods of time to include after standard business hours in addition to weekends and holidays during catastrophe response, or as needed.
We offer unlimited career potential, excellent training and development opportunities, and a structured Career Development program to explore future roles of interest while growing and developing in your existing role.
Citizens offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes comprehensive medical/dental, Retirement Savings Plan, Vacation and Sick Time, EAP, Tuition Reimbursement, Community Service and much more!
- Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Company Paid employee basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Generous paid time off: vacation, sick and holiday leave
- Employee Assistance and Wellness Programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional and leadership development opportunities
- Flexible work schedule and Alternative Work Arrangements
- Company Paid Parking
- Employee recognition programs
- Relocation assistance (where applicable)
- Community and volunteering opportunities
- Casual dress
Citizens is Proud to Be an Equal Opportunity Employer