Seeking a Civil Project Engineer for a Design Build Firm in Jacksonville
Under supervision of the VP of Engineering Services, plans, designs and manages individual design projects. A Civil Engineers has the professional responsibility for a wide variety of engineering projects and perform construction management and inspections on private and capital projects; perform contract administration, stormwater permitting and inspections, technical and financial analysis, complex engineering calculations, reviews and research, interpret and implement construction plans and specifications, prepare a variety of reports; and perform other related duties as assigned. Civil Engineers may lead groups of professionals and supervise technical staff.
- Plan, design, and manages individual projects.
- Develop consultant's requests for proposals.
- Develops and modifies the design contract documents which include gravity and wind load calculations and design.
- Prepare design and inspection reports for projects, contract documents, specifications, plans, estimates etc.
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with supervisor.
- Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements and reviewing bids from contractors.
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
- Assists Project Manager with budgets, schedules, and sub-consultant coordination
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Coordinates with internal team members to ensure project completions by the defined deadlines and established quality.
- Coordinates technical review processing and code reviews
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
- Maintains company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- AutoCad Civil 3D, Excel, ICPR, HydroFlow.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university with major coursework in an engineering curriculum or a field related to the area of assignment.
- Minimum 2 years of professional engineering experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above.
- Knowledge of CAD is a must.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Capable of working independently with little mentoring on smaller, less complex projects
May be required to lift heavy objects, excessive walking, driving, bending and reaching, pointing or directing objects or materials. The general physical demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.