Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Civil / Environmental Engineer to support a growing civil and environmental engineering group in our Jacksonville, FL office.
- The position will include both office work and fieldwork on a variety of environmental, civil and water resource engineering projects, including principally coastal/dredging, and resiliency/sustainability projects
- Office activities include preparation of design drawings, calculations, technical specifications, technical reports, and opinions of probable construction cost under the supervision of a Florida Professional Engineer
- Field activities may include reconnaissance of project sites, construction oversight, and documenting field activities
- Some overnight travel may be required
Skills / Qualifications
- BS or MS in Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Preferably 3 to 5 years of experience, with knowledge of Environmental Resource Permitting (ERP) a plus
- Florida Engineer Intern (EI) certification preferred
- Must be a self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work as part of a team as well as independently, under general supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) with CAD capabilities a plus
- Must pass a drug test, physical, and background check and possess a satisfactory driving record under Woods driving (MVR) policy
- May be required to lift equipment/materials weighing up to 50 pounds
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. web address removed>
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.