WHO WE ARE Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world’s infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
Consistently ranked by Engineering News-Record as a Top 20 transportation firm, Michael Baker International offers clients an integrated team of professionals versed in all aspects of transportation planning, design, permitting, and construction management and inspection. In addition, Michael Baker International is a recognized leader in the practical aspects of operating and maintaining a safe and efficient transportation infrastructure.
Michael Baker is actively seeking a Civil Associate for the Jacksonville, Florida office. The successful candidate will assist in the design and preparation of roadway projects from preliminary to final design. The candidate will also assist with providing construction engineering and inspection (CEI) support for field projects.
The ideal candidate will:
- Develop design plans, specifications, cost estimates, and prepare final bid packages for roadway, FDOT, FDEP, and design build plans.
- Have project experience with providing engineering design services for traditional design bid-build projects and design build highway projects.
- Have experience or desire to learn inspection and administration duties for field CEI projects (FDOT and other public clients)
- Possess strong communication skills.
- Possess strong written and presentation and excellent client management skills as well as being goal oriented, quality focused, detail driven, and have demonstrated success with creating and fostering a team environment.
- Collaborate with the transportation staff and other Florida offices to develop transportation projects including but not limited to roadway, bridge, rail, transportation planning, traffic control, signing, pavement marking, knowledge of hydraulic design, and preliminary design for environmental documents.
- Possess a Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering (BSCE)
- 0-5 Years of Roadway Engineering experience.
- Hold an Engineer-In-Training certificate or in the process of obtaining.
- CTQP Qualifications (Final Estimates 1 & 2, and MOT Advanced) preferred, but will train the right candidate
- Previous Microstation and/or AutoCAD experience required.
- Occasional travel required to field locations for CEI work or to support other Michael Baker International Florida offices.
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.