The Senior Civil Engineer will be assigned multiple (2-5) projects at a time and will be responsible for deliverables on those projects. They will be responsible for scheduling; drawings in AutoCAD and modeling in AutoCAD Civil 3D; coordinating with different departments, customers, and subcontractors; and reviewing and giving feedback to other engineer's designs and models. They will be doing the design for everything on the outside of the building including storm-water drainage, grading, pond modeling, pavement, and outside utilities. Their projects include civil design for health care, commercial, food and beverage, distribution, and university buildings.
Civil Engineer Qualifications Details:
* Prepares the appropriate project design documents which could include project plans, specifications, calculations, and reports that are used for conceptual design, permitting, and construction.
* Develops scopes of work for and coordinates geotechnical, landscape design, environmental, surveying and other specialized consultants. Coordinates consultants' work product with civil design and other design team members, such as structural and electrical engineers and architects.
* Design site grading for project, including cut-and-fill requirements and modifications to contours and topography.
* Coordinates property boundaries, easements, right-of-ways, and other legal and physical requirements with site design.
* Calculates storm water runoff volumes and retention or detention requirements and designs grading, ponds, pipes, manholes, and pumping stations. Prepares storm water management plans for compliance with federal, state, or local regulations.
* Obtains water pressure and flow information and designs extensions to water systems for potable, firefighting, and industrial uses, and coordinates designs with local water authorities.
* Designs extensions of sewage systems, such as pipes, manholes, and pumping stations and coordinates designs with local wastewater authorities.
* Designs roadways, sidewalks, curbs, and gutters associated with site improvements, and coordinates designs with local permitting authority
* Prepares and submits documentation required for site, building, construction, and environmental permits and responds to questions from permitting authorities.
* Consult with Project Managers and clients to identify site specific requirements for implementation into the design documents.
* Conducts periodic on-site observations of preconstruction conditions and work during construction to monitor compliance with plans, while identifying concerns to the designated authority. Will have the responsibility to review responses/solutions to any concerns and make determinations on acceptance of proposed responses/solutions.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.