- Jack of all trades, with 10-15 yrs experience with the following:
- Well-rounded Background in servers ( LINUX), storage, middleware, standard stack of web app and database configurations, load balancing, cloud virtualization
- - F5, GTM (global traffic mgmt), LTM (local traffic mgmt)
- - load balancing
- - network and server resiliency redundancy
- - fail over strategies techniques
- - Linux, Windows, SQL, Oracle (not a DBA or SA, just understands how they work)
- - Conversational knowledge of AMQ, JBoss, IIS, SQL, Oracle
- - Data centers (NAS, SAN) - how they work
- - proactive/self-starter/assertive
- - blend of tech savvy and business acumen (tech>business acumen)
- Design or engineering experience of standards stack/or three tiered environment.
- Site Reliability Engineering Experience
- Cloud Systems Engineer Experience
- CICD and DevOps Experience
Day to Day:
Collabera is looking for a Chief Engineer to support a large financial corporation in Jacksonville, FL or Charlotte, NC. This person will support specific initiatives/projects via a Project/queue based workflow.
Key component of this role: Take the biz requirement, figure out the solution, design and help implement solution.
This is different than any other Chief Engineer (Not just an order taker), as they will be deeply engaged with applications and asking deeper questions such as: - "tell me what the need is and why you have it, then I will determine the solution" (where the space is going, what/how to accomplish). Once they understand the need, this person Architects and engineers solutions accordingly.
This position will mirror a previous rec of Paul Fertitta’s, here is the FG description from that previous rec:
Responsible for matching current technology with the current needs. As part of this task, engages in the evaluation and installation of software, hardware, and other types of support equipment into a workable network that supports a variety of functions. This person has fundamental knowledge of Systems Engineering infrastructure. Includes individuals performing high-level systems support. Responsibilities include providing problem determination and resolution, install and update newly developed software to assigned systems. Identify alternatives for optimizing computer resources. Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions. Collect information to analyze and evaluate existing or proposed systems. Work as a team member with other technical staff, such as networking to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems. Write and maintain system documentation. Responsible for capacity planning, disaster recovery, and security, where necessary. Possess extensive experience with operating systems, network protocols, systems programming and configurations, and/or hubs, switches, and routers.
networking,linux,sql,storage,middleware,database,load balance,data center