Our client is seeking a CFO to serve as a key member of the Executive Leadership Team, the Chief Financial Officer will assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company.
The CFO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company.
This will include direct responsibility for accounting, regulatory compliance, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, job costing, property management, deal analysis and negotiations.
1. Develops, builds and fosters an engaged high-performance culture across the business through effective leadership and management, demonstrating clear alignment with company values and behaviors.
2. Advises and counsels Executive Leadership Team on all financial matters including ERP, acquisitions, real estate, taxes and retirement plan portfolio investments. Provides financial advice on any contracts into which the company may enter.
3. Participates in developing new business. Assist the sales leader in identifying new business opportunities, drafting of prospective budgets and determining cost effectiveness of prospect.
4. Provides recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities. Participates in the development of the company’s plans and programs as a strategic partner. Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action. Plans, develops, organizes, implements, directs and evaluates the company’s fiscal function and performance.
5. Oversees the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization including organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, reports to funding agencies, development and monitoring of organizational and contract/grant budgets. Ensures adequate controls are installed and that substantiating documentation is approved and available such that all accounts may pass independent and governmental audits.
6. Leads the financial compliance processes. Enhances, develops implements and enforces policies and procedures of the company by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the company.
7. Optimizes the handling of working capital and initiates appropriate strategies to enhance cash position. Develops a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
8. Manages any third parties to which accounting or finance functions have been outsourced
9. Oversees the company's transaction processing systems
10. Implements operational best practices
11. Supervises acquisition due diligence and assists in negotiating acquisitions
12. Oversees the issuance of financial information
13. Reports financial results
14. Understands and mitigates key elements of the company's risk profile
15. Constructs and monitors reliable control systems
16. Ensures that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
17. Ensures that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
18. Maintains relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
19. Monitors cash balances and cash forecasts
20. Performs other duties and/ or responsibilities as assigned
The CFO will also oversee