Are you looking for that next step in your career?
Do you want to do something more meaningful?
I have the PERFECT opportunity for you.
Aspire Medical Staffing is looking for a Certified Medical Assistant to provide services at the Family Medicine Clinic at Naval Hospital in Mayport, FL.
Aspire Medical Staffing is a clinician owned and operated medical staffing company founded in 2011, contracting with Commercial and Federal medical agencies, facilities, and schools. We believe in a collaborative effort with all patient care. Our medical teams always consist of support from team leaders and an efficient way to communicate and collaborate with everyone. Join Aspire Medical Staffing today to help service our Military and their families across the nation.
We are looking for that one person who is dynamic and ready to apply their knowledge towards caring for our Navy population and their loved ones.
- Obtain patient's medical record following appropriate procedures.
- Assist the provider as needed during exams.
- Transport patients to other clinical areas as needed.
- Check each chart for the provider's signature, stamp, and each patient's diagnosis prior to returning the chart to Health Records.
- After a physician has verified the medicine and dosage, the HCW shall administer medication to patients.
- Obtain lab and x-ray results.
- Answer telephone and transcribe accurate messages. Ensure that any broken or unsafe equipment is removed from the clinic in a timely manner and notify appropriate personnel.
- Assist with patient flow and provide patient care as directed.
- Operate the following medical equipment, as directed, such as Automatic Blood Pressure Monitor, Hand Held Nebulizer, EKG Machine (twelve (12) lead), Electronic Thermometer, IV infusion pump (Set-up only), Tynpanometer.
- Successfully complete the MTF provided in-services in IV placement, blood and blood administration, and immunization administration prior to assignment of duties
- Collect and prepare laboratory specimens, perform basic laboratory tests, draw blood, and start IVs.
- Prepare patients for X-ray.
- Instruct patients about medications; prepare and administer medications as directed by physician and MTF guidelines.
- Notify patients regarding labs and other tests as directed.
- Participate in inventory procedures as directed.
- Coordinate with other departments and clinic staffs to provide complete care to patients.
Education: Graduate from a medical assistant training program accredited by ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Graduate from a medical assistant training program accredited by Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
- Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) of the American Medical Technologists
- Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)
- Formal medical services training program of the United States Armed Forces.
Certification: Current certification as a medical assistant by ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
- American Medical Technologists (AMT)
- American Registry of Medical Assistant (ARMA)
- National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
- Must have BLS hands-on course through AHA or ARC
- Experience: Possess a minimum of 1 year of full-time experience in the last 3 years as a CMA in an outpatient family practice or primary care setting.
- U.S. Citizenship: shall be U.S. citizens.