Vaco is hiring for a certified Medical Assistant in Jacksonville; Florida. This is a direct hire role. Candidates must be fully vaccinated.
This position may entail some clerical duties: Scheduling patients and surgeries; maintaining physician's calendar; additional administrative duties as needed.
- Must be professionally assertive and passionate about patient care
- Must be detail oriented; polished; and sharp
- Valid Medical Assistant Certification (AAMA).
- Minimum 2 years Medical Assistant experience.
- Previous experience in a physician's office; Orthopedic experience a plus.
- Proficiency with triaging patient care issues.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced clinic.
- Valid CPR certification
- Familiarity with HIPPA and OSHA guidelines/regulations.
- Work closely with orthopedic physicians to coordinate patient care.
- Organize patient flow to keep physician on schedule.
- Assist patients to exam room; collect patient history and conduct screening.
- Answer patient phone calls and give instructions at the direction of the physician.
- Maintain exam rooms and medical supplies.
- Follow universal precautions when assisting with patient care.
- Be familiar with and follow HIPAA guidelines.
- Proofread and/or transcribe physician notes
- Clerical duties as required to update EMR; complete forms and charting.
- Provide administrative support to assigned physician.
- Maintain calendar and call schedule for assigned physician.
- Schedule non-patient appointments and meeting room.
- Answer telephone; screen callers; relays messages and returns calls.
- Interact with data entry and billing department regarding requests for additional information.
- Route paperwork to appropriate staff (i.e. MMI charts; medical records).
- Bill attorneys; case managers for depositions; phone conferences; etc.
- Maintain the physician's curriculum vitae and updates CME credits; publications etc.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality and adhere to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.