The CSI Companies is actively seeking a Nationally Certified Medical Assistant for a well-known healthcare provider, one of the Southeast most comprehensive academic health center in the Jacksonville, FL area. This is a contract to hire position and we are actively seeking candidates who are nationally certified. CSIRAY
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm
Pay: Based on experience
- Provides excellent customer service and greets patients entering the department/practice. A multi-skilled person dedicated to assisting in all aspects of medical practice including administrative and clinical procedures under the direct supervision and responsibility of a licensed physician.
- Maintains patient privacy.
- Receives and directs telephone calls to the appropriate personnel. Also makes phone contacts to other departments, physicians, patients and other outside organizations as necessary for the departmental/practice operations
- Maintains patient scheduling functions, and sets patient appointments through established guidelines
- Interviews and completes the registration process for patients utilizing the specific service.
- Keys patient dispositions, diagnostic codes, patient orders, charges and payments as defined in the medical treatment record and/or charge document
- Performs cashiering functions as it relates to co-payments or other patient payments/collections. May perform routine clerical duties for the department
- Prepares and maintains all clerical aspects of the medical records through established guidelines
- In accordance with the Florida State Regulations, a Medical Assistant can perform the following duties under the direct supervision and responsibility of a licensed physician:
- Perform aseptic procedures
- Take patient’s vital signs
- Prepare patients for the provider’s care
- Perform venipuncture and administer routine, non-controlled medications
- Administer routine stock medication under the direct supervision of a licensed physician
- Observe and report patients’ signs or symptoms
- Administer basic first aid
- Assist with patient examinations or treatments
- Operate office medical equipment
- Collect routine laboratory specimens as directed by the provider
- Perform basic laboratory procedures
- Perform office procedures including all general administrative duties required by the physician.
- Participates in performance improvement projects.
- Participates as an active care team member in the coordination of patient care.
- Minimum 6 months experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Nationally Certified as a Registered Medical Assistant
- Graduation from approved Medical Assistant program or Graduation from approved EMT military Emergency Medical Technician school may be substituted.
- Current BLS Certification