Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Case Management Assistant? At HCA Florida Orange Park Hospital, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
At HCA Florida Orange Park Hospital, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Case Management Assistant like you to be a part of our team.
Job Summary and Qualifications
We are seeking a Case Management Assistant for our department who will assist with facilitating patient discharges requiring post-acute placement or services, and will identify and report barriers to discharges. The Case Management Assistant will provide administrative support in Case Management functions.
What you will do in this role:
- You will be responsible for coordinating with the case manager and social worker for support that is needed.
- You will provide clerical support in multidisciplinary rounds, including updating NATE Tempo at direction of team.
- You will make referrals to specific post-acute care providers, including sending the appropriate packet of information from the medical record required for the level of care.
- You will monitor patients post-acute care referrals and intervenes to expedite discharge.
- You will communicate with the case managers and social workers regarding the status of the post-acute care referrals, bed availability, and other barriers.
- You will obtain physician signatures on required case management documents and forms.
- You will perform other duties as assigned.
What Qualifications you will need:
- A high school diploma or GED is required
- Associates degree in healthcare or related field preferred
- Medical knowledge and terminology required
- At least one year of experience in a health care setting required
Orange Park Medical Center has provided quality healthcare services since 1974, giving patients access to highly-trained physicians and advanced technology. With nearly 50 years of pioneering healthcare, our 300+ bed hospital is one of the region's leading acute care facilities. Located in the heart of Orange Park, we provide medical care to Clay County and surrounding communities. We are the provider of choice in northeast Florida for patients, staff and physicians alike, specializing in advanced robotics, open heart, maternity/delivery, pediatric and adult services and a dozen other major service lines.
At Orange Park Medical Center, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Case Management Assistant opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine. We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but everywhere. We’re committed to improving more lives in more ways, and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.