TMC Transportation is the nation's largest employee-owned, open deck transportation company. Founded in 1972, and headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa, TMC provides expert transportation services and supply-chain management solutions throughout the 48 contiguous states. If you're seeking a rewarding career at a dynamic company built on integrity, innovation and dedication to quality and customer service, then join us in our Destination of Excellence.
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Ownership - ESOP!
TMC Transportation has an immediate full-time opening for a Carrier Sales Specialist working out of our office in Jacksonville, FL.
The primary function of a Carrier Sales Specialist involves managing customer accounts, daily calling to assigned accounts, solicit and book loads, arrange for timely pick up and deliveries with carriers. This position will work with sales manager on challenges and successes with each account.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Seek out and develop carrier relationships that will assist with moving freight
- Negotiate freight rates and book loads with carriers that meet TMC's safety standards
- Arrange timely pick-ups and schedule delivery appointments with carriers
- Build and maintain carrier relationships
- Communicate efficiently with carriers and shippers to ensure on-time and safe deliveries
- Two OR Four-year degree or relevant work experience
- Possess a motivated and high energy attitude
- Goal and result orientated
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Fluent in computer applications
- Candidates must be able to handle multiple tasks and functions in a fast paced environment
- Strong negotiation and problem solving skills
- Previous brokerage experience is recommended, but not required