Mental Health Resource Center a comprehensive mental health center and Joint Commission accredited organization, is seeking a Care Coordinator-Medical services to join our organization in the Jacksonville Area. This position is full time and offers a comprehensive benefits package.
The Care Coordinator works closely with the Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP) and Psychiatrist to monitor and assist individuals receiving Outpatient Medication Management services. The Care Coordinator monitors medications for effectiveness and side effects, as well as facilitates case and family conferences as needed.
Responsibilities of the Care Coordinator-Medical services position include but are not limited to:
- Completes an overall assessment and provides ongoing assessments to include substance abuse, living situation, support system, mental status, history, strengths and weaknesses, needs and resources, medical status and medications.
- Develops in conjunction with the individual served, family members, service providers and significant others, a treatment plan to utilize strengths and address needs. Facilitates mental stabilization through periodic monitoring and assessment.
- Advocates for acquisition of services and resources necessary to implement the treatment plan. Completes referrals to community services and resources as needed. Coordinates the delivery of services as specified in the treatment plan. Monitors and evaluates effectiveness and satisfaction.
- Completes contacts at the time of medication management appointments and contacts individuals by phone as needed.
- Serves as advocate, assuring rights as delineated in the State and Federal Regulations.
Assesses and monitors for risk, symptoms of trauma, and indications of abuse, neglect and/or abandonment. Uses appropriate reporting mechanisms.
Documentation and Reporting:
Maintains, current, accurate and comprehensive information in each record to include all activities, contacts and communications.
Develops and updates treatment plans. Completes formal treatment plan reviews as indicated and involves individuals served in this process.
Monitors and documents progress or lack of progress for the individual served,
Obtains consents and releases of information when indicated.