Careers with Optum. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on an elite team. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Complex Care Management (CCM) Care Navigator works with a team of Advanced Practice Providers (APCs) to collaboratively support the APCs and provide support for members residing in skilled nursing facilities and/or assisted living centers. The role includes strong technical skills, communication and collaboration with the clinical team, facility staff and members.
If you are located in Lancaster, PA, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Support APC with overall coordination of member care
- Functioning as part of a collaborative team
- Data entry/backfill and member chart management for:
- New effectives
- Post hospital
- Pre-visit updates
- Health maintenance
- Lab results
- Obtain medical records following hospitalizations and physician appointments
- Time management
- Obtain consult notes, hospital discharge summaries, lab results
- Upload lab results, medication changes, new member information into the EMR
- Obtain updates on members receiving Part B therapy
- Track skilled days and assist with completion of DSTs
- Assist with scheduling of member appointments and transportation
- Arrange facility and member education
- Build facility relationships
- IESNP: Assist members to utilize benefits
- IESNP: Coordinating Home Health, DME, transportation, level of care changes
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Current and unrestricted LPN license in the state of Pennsylvania
- You must be a Pennsylvania resident that lives within the city of Lancaster, PA
- 2+ years’ experience in assisted living, long term care or home health care
- 1-year experience with EMRs
- Valid Pennsylvania state Driver’s License that is unrestricted and have reliable transportation that is registered to with current auto insurance
- Must be available to work Monday - Friday; 11-7:30pm EST
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas, In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word (edit, create & save documents), Microsoft Excel (adding, sorting & filtering data) and Microsoft Office (email, folders, attachments and calendaring)
- Strong communication skills required
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: #RPO, LPN, Care Navigator, Lancaster, PA, Coordinating Home Health, DME, transportation, level of care changes, EMR, Hospital Discharge, utilization of benefits, Pennsylvania, Travel LPN, assisted living, long term care or home health care. work from home, work at home, WFH, WAH