Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At HCA Florida Memorial Hospital we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a Cardiac Step Down Registered Nurse and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.
HCA Florida Memorial Hospital offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our Cardiac Step Down Registered Nurse opening and continue to learn!
Job Summary and Qualifications
In collaboration with the patient, the patient's family, and other members of the health care team, the Cardiac Step Down Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for assessing, evaluating, planning, implementing, and coordinating a treatment plan and achieving the goals of the nursing department. You serve as a key position of the interdependent team, and hold responsibility for achieving positive patient and departmental outcomes.
What you will do in this role:
- You will maintain overall accountability/responsibility for assigned patients
- You will manage efficient flow of patient care including screening, preparation for exam, providing general nursing care and comfort, and arranging for admissions, testing and discharges
- You will maintain and review patients' records including posting tests and examination results
- You will administer medications in accordance with physician orders
- You will instruct patients and families regarding medications and treatment plans
- You will respond to and refer incoming telephone calls (may include phone triage when needed)
What qualifications you may need:
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing: Associate's Degree in Nursing or higher is required
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Health Care Provider is required
Memorial Hospital has provided quality healthcare services since 1969, giving patients access to highly-trained physicians and advanced technology. With more than 50 years of pioneering healthcare, our 450+ bed hospital is one of the region's leading acute care facilities. We offer a range of services for our patients, including 24-hour emergency care at three different locations and a Level II trauma center. Other specialized programs include our accredited Chest Pain Center, certified Stroke Center, Heart Center, Bone and Joint Center, maternity center and much more. Memorial has received the Gold Seal of Approval for Primary Stroke Centers and is sepsis-certified by the Joint Commission.
At Memorial Hospital, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our Jacksonville community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people." - Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our Cardiac Step Down Registered Nurse opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: care, hospice, intensive, intensive care, neonatal, nurse rn, psychatric, recovery, tcu, transitional