WHO WE ARE
Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
Consistently ranked by Engineering News-Record as a Top 20 transportation firm, Michael Baker International offers clients an integrated team of professionals versed in all aspects of transportation planning, design, permitting, and construction management and inspection. In addition, Michael Baker International is a recognized leader in the practical aspects of operating and maintaining a safe and efficient transportation infrastructure.
As a part of our Engineering Team, the CADD Technician will work with our engineering team to develop structural, bridge, roadway, drainage, and/or civil drawings from engineering notes, sketches, and/or detailed drawings to ensure each design meets what the client is looking for.
- Utilize a CADD workstation to prepare engineering drawings for preliminary and final plan sets.
- Work closely with other designer/drafters and engineers to ensure coordinated design
- Apply standard drafting/design principles and theories to complete assignments.
- Use technical manuals to ensure compliance with company policies and applicable standards such as ones employed by the state Departments of Transportation (DOT's).
- Read and understand orthographic (2D) and/or isometric (3D) designs.
- Enforce adherence to department CAD standards through performance of CAD peer reviews.
- Produce CAD drawings in AutoCAD/Civil 3D as required for projects
- Other duties as assigned
- You’ll need a two-year technical degree or certification of completion
- 3-5 years of CADD drafting/design
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office, proficiency in AutoCAD/Civil 3D
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.