Make a difference with your change - lead with ingenuity!
Lochner leads in providing planning, environmental, design, construction engineering and inspection, and right of way services for surface transportation, rail, transit, and aviation clients across the United States. Our civil and structural engineers, planners, environmental specialists, inspectors, and support professionals are devoted to providing valuable professional services that enhance people's lives through sustainable infrastructure.
* Client-Focused: We are collaborative and attentive to the unique needs and goals of each project.
* Performance-Driven: We are problem solvers dedicated to transforming transportation infrastructure challenges into opportunities for innovation.
* Community-Minded: We are vested in the work we do as stewards of public funds used to improve the communities we serve.
* Social Responsibility: We give back to our communities by supporting various charitable organizations and causes.
* Professional Growth: We invest in programs to attract, retain, and develop employees so Lochner becomes a long-term home for top talent.
Our goals and strategies promote a diverse and inclusive workforce that feels empowered to make a difference in the world. Our vision is to create healthy and sustainable communities both within and outside of our organization where current and future generations can thrive.
Are you ready to join us?
LOCHNER is currently seeking an introductory CADD Designer with 2 or more years of experience. The position will focus on CADD drafting services for Florida Department of Transportation projects and other municipalities.
About the Position:
* Candidate may work remote within North Florida, or may work out of our Tallahassee or Jacksonville office.
* Responsible for the CADD drafting of highway and interstate roadway and drainage improvement projects.
* Coordinate with project staff and reviewers to ensure accuracy and quality of work.
* Responsible for CADD development and fostering a relationship with CADD software industry
* Assist in proposal preparation and CADD graphics as needed
* Salary Negotiable, based on experience
* 2+ years of Microstation/AutoCADD/Open Roads Designer experience, accreditation, or classes
* High school diploma and 2+ years of CADD training described above required
* Must be able to work out of our Tallahassee, FL or Jacksonville, FL office
* FDOT design experience is preferred
* Proficient in CADD drafting and industry design software accepted by FDOT is required
* Experience in CADD drafting of engineering industry projects is a plus, but not necessary
* Able to prepare or assist in the preparation of proposals with CADD graphics is a plus, but not necessary
* Competent communication skills
Aligning our overall business objectives with performance, we offer competitive salaries, performance-based incentives, and a wide variety of benefits programs to address the diverse individual needs of our employees and their families.
Lochner provides a comprehensive total rewards package that includes:
* Paid Time Off and Flexible Holiday Program
* Competitive premiums for Medical, Dental, and Vision
* Company paid Disability (includes paid Maternity Leave), & Life Insurance
* Health Savings Accounts (HSA) with Employer Contribution
* Flex Spending Accounts (FSA) for Medical Expenses and/or Dependent Care
* Paid Family Leave
* 401(k) Retirement with Match
* Flexible Work Schedules (Hybrid or Remote, when possible)
* Wellness Program
* Lochner Cares Non-Profit 501c3
* Education & Training Assistance
* Employee Discounts
* Giving Back community service initiative
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical requirements must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, stoop, crawl, and lifting. The employee must frequently lift and/or move light equipment up to 20 pounds. Must be alert to equipment in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights.
Lochner celebrates diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status.
All positions at Lochner require an applicant who has accepted an employment offer to undergo a background check. Background checks include SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, a criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, and drug test. All employment offers are contingent upon successful results of the background check.