Job ID: 160532
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, Oldcastle Infrastructure is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
Job Description Summary
The CAD Drafter/ Drafting Engineer is part of the design team responsible for drafting shop drawings for concrete precast structures using computer-aided design drawings. The designs are specifically detailed for all the precast structures the Company manufactures. Our drafters must be able to calculate dimension, weight limitations and requirements in materials. The role also identifies potential issues and may require redesigning products to improve the value and/or functionality for the customer’s projects. Finally, the Drafter must ensure final designs comply with regulations and quality standards outlined in federal, state and local municipal codes and specifications. This role will report directly to the Design Engineer Manager.
- Develop detailed designs for concrete precast structures and accessories using Computer Aided Design software and Drafting systems.
- Provide details on component descriptions.
- Identify and resolve design problems.
- Review and analyze specifications.
- Compute mathematical formulas to develop and design detailed drawings for the products.
- Specify dimensions, materials, and procedures.
- Correct shop drawing deficiencies.
- Draft technical details.
- Consult technical handbooks, codes and specifications while in drafting phase.
- Create and store drawings electronically.
- Prepare variations of design and identify possible value engineering opportunities for both client and Company.
- Prepare, organize and assemble submittals and production packages.
- Communicate frequently with contractors, engineers and developers regarding project and shop details.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related task as requested by their Supervisor.
- 2+ years drafting experience in CAD environment.
- Proficient in AutoCAD software programs.
- Civil Engineering, civil work, precast or concrete experience a plus.
- Familiarity with 3D modeling tools a plus
- Good math skills
- Must have the ability to work under tight deadlines and construction related pressures
- Strong verbal and written communications with contractors, engineers, developers and municipalities.
- Proficient with MS Office software – Word, Excel, Access, Outlook.
- Associate degree or technical degree in drafting.
- Civil or Structural Engineering degree from a technical college a plus
- Additional certification from the American Design Drafting Association (ADDA) is a plus
- Proven experience in drafting precast structures can serve in lieu of a formal degree or certificate.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.