The Sales Engineer is responsible for designing enterprise-grade solutions supporting the market's sales team while identifying opportunities for strategic expansion. Responsible for providing all the necessary pre-sale support to the direct sales organization to grow and maintain revenues and pull high-margin custom applications through the appropriate sales channels. Also, serves as a gateway for market intelligence on changing customer needs in the marketplace, as well as solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop network solutions for carriers, including network topologies and technical specifications. Ability to work through complex issues with a methodical approach and to graphically depict these solutions in a compelling manner.
- Compile project costs, including network elements, outside plant construction, and personnel costs, in order to develop a business case for the designed solution.
- Understand current carrier network environment, business requirements, short and long-term technical requirements, and produce strategic, cost-effective proposals and solutions in support of the carrier sales team.
- Extracts hidden or unrealized customer requirements and gains consensus on these requirements with the customer. Focuses ambiguous customer needs into specific, deliverable requirements.
- Assess performance and service level agreements against both company capabilities and customer expectations.
- Manages and is responsible for completing all responses to quotes, RFIs, RFQs, and RFPs requested by the sales team.
- Works closely with customer, vendor, operations, construction, and engineering departments on designing, crafting, and delivering the best possible solutions.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactively communicate to ensure delivery of project status to the carrier sales team and customer.
- Provides post-sale documentation necessary for project management and implementation of the designed solution.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team while working under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Utilize expertise in executing the above duties to recommend new products and improvements to company processes, products, and pricing based on customer requirements.
- Maintain knowledge of emerging trends in the telecommunications industry and seek education and training as needed.
- Proficient in creating and delivering presentations for customers and internal management.
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Some travel is required within the Southeast markets (SC and GA).
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Clearwave Fiber appreciates the role our associates play to help the company grow, and in return an excellent benefits package is offered to our associates to recognize the importance of their contributions, such as:
- Medical, dental, and vision plans – start when you start!
- Life insurance (self, spouse, children)
- Paid time off
- 401(k) - 100% company match (vesting and matching starts upon hire, up to 5% of eligible compensation)
- Group Legal plan with Identity Theft Protection
- Lucrative long-term bonus plans
- Free services if living within service area
- Tuition reimbursement
- Advancement opportunities
- Collaborative work environment
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years experience in voice/data/video communications services.
- 3+ years of engineering and technical account management experience.
- In-depth knowledge of enterprise solutions including but not limited to DWDM circuits, TDM services ranging from T1 to OCx, FTTx, Ethernet, TCP/IP, LAN, WAN architecture, WiFi Network Design, Direct Internet Access, Wi-Fi, and VoIP.
- Ability to design and sell solutions in an environment with limited standardization.
- Experience in developing responses to RFIs, RFQs, and RFPs.
- Possess a consultative approach to providing solutions.
- Strong experience in developing long-term business relationships with key technical decision-makers in organizations.
- Proficient in Google Earth or similar mapping/GIS program and the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Ability to multitask and meet multiple simultaneous deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, presentation, and sales skills.
Clearwave Fiber, a 100% Fiber Optic Internet provider offering business, enterprise, and residential communications services, is expanding its network to reach new communities across the Midwest and Southeast regions. This new venture was formed from Hargray Fiber and Clearwave Communications. Clearwave Fiber has the financial backing of Cable One, GTCR, Stephens Capital, and The Pritzker Organization. Our Team of more than 400 colleagues is committed to delivering the most advanced technology and customer service. If you enjoy technology and are passionate about working with a new venture with strong investment partners, we'd like to invite you to consider joining us in this endeavor.