Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com .
This opportunity is an ENTRY LEVEL opportunity working within Direct Energy's home warranty business line, Home Warranty of America.
Job Summary/Primary Focus:
The Business Development Specialist will be contacting real estate professionals in the assigned territory, selling the benefits offered by HWA and its comprehensive warranty plans. Each day the Business Development Specialist will be responsible for making a minimum of 40 phone calls and generating leads through referral business.
- Primary function is to develop and grow outside markets of focus from Head of Sales for HWA. Once certain revenues are achieved in said markets the territory will transition to an Outside Sales Account Executive.
- Strong ability to network, ask for referrals and build excellent relationships quickly
- 1000 Prospect data base uploaded in the dash for agents that have 8-20 closings per year in assigned markets
- Minimum of 40 outbound calls per day
- Conducts 3-4 one on one appointments per day with real estate professionals, attorneys and title representatives
- Uses technology such as BombBomb, SlyDial, Facebook, Email and phone to sell the benefits of our warranty programs
- Insures shipping of HWA marketing pieces/brochures to offices in assigned markets
- Prepares sales presentations by compiling data; developing presentation formats and materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education required to competently achieve responsibilities:
- High School Diploma
Work experience required to competently achieve responsibilities:
- Minimum of 2 years of successful direct sales experience as a top producer in previous/current position.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer proficiency.
- Professional telephone presence.
- Customer focus.
- Assertive Social Style/Follow Through.
- Valid State Driver’s License
Lifting less than 20 lbs.
Ability to work in an in home office environment. Need dedicated area to perform job functions.
The functions, qualifications, responsibilities, and requirements listed above represent the essential functions of the job, which the incumbent must be able to perform either with or without reasonable accommodation. The listed Essential Functions do not nec essarily include all activities that the incumbent may perform.