Searching for a place to make your mark? Every great team depends on the individual contributions of its members – the skills, talents and the passion that each team member brings. At Citizens, we’re building a workforce of top achievers committed to our company’s mission and vision. Our company values the knowledge that comes from experienced and dedicated individuals with a variety of backgrounds, in or out of insurance.
Citizens’ Mission is to provide property insurance protection in Florida to those who are, in good faith, unable to obtain coverage through the private market while also providing the utmost in customer service. Our Values are public service, integrity, respect, responsiveness and sound judgment. We strive to not only provide affordable insurance products and services but also to provide sound financial responsibility to the citizens of Florida.
At Citizens, we are a team of dedicated, service-minded professionals committed to our policyholders. Come achieve and maximize your potential with us!
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Business Analyst I to assist us in support of the Claims Organization.
The ideal candidate will need to be knowledgeable in the creation of business requirements documents/user stories for systems development initiatives and related tasks. As the Business Analyst, you will be responsible for requirements gathering, analysis, creation of related requirements documents and supporting artifacts, leading or assisting with user acceptance testing, providing user production support, and or systems training for departmental users. This role will also take part in system configuration of Guidewire Claim Center in support of business unit needs. This role will interact will all levels within the organization.
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE USUAL, BASIC, AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION. THESE FUNCTIONS ARE NOT TO BE CONSTRUED AS AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES, AND SKILLS REQUIRED.
- Collaborates with stakeholders and project team members on small to mid-scale projects which impact business users, processes and system to identify business needs and solutions, weight opportunities based on estimated business value, establish scope, and to manage stakeholder expectations specific to new and existing system capabilities.
- Collaborates with both business and technical stakeholders to engineer requirements (e.g., business, functional, non-functional and data requirements) while ensuring compliance with corporate standards and develop flow diagrams, use cases, user stories and other forms of business documentation used to express business needs.
- Responds to production support issues by performing initial triage and analysis, providing end user support including documenting workarounds and, if necessary, escalating to IT and notifying impacted parties.
- Assists with the development of test plans and strategies, the coordination of testing events, and the execution of test cases in support of change to business systems.
- Creates or participates in the development of materials used to facilitate the adoption of change by end users including policies and procedures; operating procedures; business processes; training materials, job aids and communications.
- Creates and develops routine and custom reports through use of company reporting tools and systems.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Applied knowledge of practices, principles and common business processes associated with financial services.
- Applied knowledge of information technology and information system development lifecycle.
- Knowledge of configurable business system administration, including management of system-based business rules, workflow, and processing logic.
- Strong grasp of technology and how it plays a role in business processes.
- Applied knowledge of Microsoft Office products, primarily Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Ability to establish attainable goals, objectives, and work plans while working both independently and in team based, highly collaborative environments.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including verbal, written, facilitation, mediation, negotiation, collaboration, and presentation skills.
- Ability to organize material, analyze a wide variety of facts and develop appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently, adapt to change effectively, and adhere to timelines within a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to engineer requirements using templates or tools in a manner that is well-organized and understandable to both business and technical audiences.
- General understanding or system development methodologies, with Agile serving as primary.
- Ability to recognize and resolve conflict quickly, rationally, and effectively.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or educational equivalent (GED).
- Bachelor’s Degree OR 4 years relevant experience OR a combination of college education and relevant experience equivalent to 4 years.
- 2 or ore years of demonstrated experience in the fields of business analysis or business systems analysis delivering business system and process changes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Risk Management and Insurance, Business or Business Systems.
- Two (2) or more years of project team experience delivering changes to business systems and processes.
- Three (3) or more years of business analyst or business systems analyst experience in the property and casualty insurance industry.
- Experience with web-based application development and support.
- Property and Casualty Insurance experience with one or more operational business units (i.e. Accounting, Agency, Call Centers, Product Development, and Underwriting).
- Experience with Citizens systems.
- Experience working in an Agile environment applying Lean Agile practices and principles (e.g., Kanban, Scrum and SAFe).
This position requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, hear and converse over the telephone, and key frequently on a computer (4 or more hours per day). Position also requires effective communication with all levels of the organization.
We offer unlimited career potential, excellent training and development opportunities, and a structured Career Development program to explore future roles of interest while growing and developing in your existing role.
Citizens offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes comprehensive medical/dental, Retirement Savings Plan, Vacation and Sick Time, EAP, Tuition Reimbursement, Community Service and much more!
- Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Company Paid employee basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Generous paid time off: vacation, sick and holiday leave
- Employee Assistance and Wellness Programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional and leadership development opportunities
- Flexible work schedule and Alternative Work Arrangements
- Company Paid Parking
- Employee recognition programs
- Relocation assistance (where applicable)
- Community and volunteering opportunities
- Casual dress
Citizens is Proud to Be an Equal Opportunity Employer