Business Analyst - Contract Management System
Conducts various types of research and analysis to support the business operations to an internal business segment, division, group or line of business. Assists management to resolve business issues in an effective and productive manner. Designs, documents and re-engineers business processes and publishes business metrics results.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs analyses of the business goals, objectives, and needs of the general business environment for the appropriate One Call segment, division, group or line of business
• Performs research and analysis to support business operations and presents findings to manager or project leader
• Plans and designs business processes and make recommendations and changes in order to improve and support business systems and activities and/or to deliver greater effectiveness and efficiency
• Utilizes systems and data to resolve business issues in the most effective and productive manner
• Identifies and implements best practices and suggests how to improve current practices
• Calculates/estimates costs and benefits of alternative actions or solutions to establish their viability/ROI
• Develops recommendations to solve problems and issues related to business operations
• Analyzes and documents business processes and metrics, and identifies improvement opportunities
• May train internal employees on changes to business practices, processes or procedures
• May perform special projects upon request and on occasion
• May provide coaching and/or guidance to less experienced Business Analysts
• Performs other related duties as required
A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of One Call's products and services
• Knowledge of the business goals, objectives and business operations for the appropriate One Call organization
• Knowledge of workers compensation industry
• Proficiency in standard office software, such as MS Office, Visio, MS Access, etc.
• Proficiency in industry-standard process methodologies (e.g., Six Sigma, LEAN, ISO, CMM, etc.)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
• Willingly shares relevant knowledge and expertise to other resources
• Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, interpersonal, team, customer service, negotiation, conflict management and time management skills
• Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
• Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
• Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
Business Analyst II
Intermediate professional role. Moderate skills with high level of proficiency. Develops and implements solutions that require analysis and research. Works on small to large, complex projects that require increased skill in business analysis, process modeling, and financial analysis. Possesses solid knowledge in a specific business area. Works on one or more projects as a team member or occasionally as a project lead. May coach and direct the work of more junior business analysts. Works under general supervision with latitude for independent judgment with broad implication to the business. May consult with senior peers on certain projects. Typically requires four or more years of business analysis experience.