Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere — and for yourself — we may have the right place for you.
Summary of This Role
Responsible for acting as a liaison between stakeholders, and development. You will ensure you elicit, analyze, design, and communicate requirements for changes to business processes and technology.
What Part Will You Play?
- Coordinate cross-functional teams (developers, QA, designers) to develop business requirements and guide product development.
- Acts as a liaison between client end-users, programmers and test analysts in the analysis, design, configuration, testing and maintenance of systems to ensure optimal operational performance. Develops working relationship with key stakeholders and gains an understanding of the basic nature of the client’s business. Learns to be consultative with client management while assisting with the identification, definition and documentation of business needs/objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input/output requirements, data scope, usage formatting, security requirements and levels of systems access. Maintains communications with end-users for feedback to ensure systems continually meet the client's expectations. Analyzes complex problems and issues (complexity varies based on data requirements and business specifications) and offers alternative business solutions. Facilitates meetings and leads discussions.
- Develops simple to complex business specifications and logical flowcharts that include features and functions from which programmers can create technical specifications. Leverages system or module knowledge in the design of system screens and database structures. Consults and coordinates with programmers to design and develop requirements and analyze the feasibility of new systems and enhancements to existing systems; ensures the system design fits the needs of the users. Prepares input for system design, including final report and screen definition, logical system flow and implementation plans. Provides support to resolve issues that may cross multiple systems and affect the business process. Tracks application incidents to ensure a successful conclusion for internal and external clients. Identifies system impact of changes in the business, user needs, external business environment and operating systems.
- Develops documentation to include, but not limited to bulletins, manuals, file layouts and application design layouts for internal, client and training purposes. Prepares, coordinates, and assists with client training and documentation for installation of systems and upgrades. Tracks and documents changes for functional and business specifications; writes detailed universally understood procedures for permanent records and for use in training. Coordinates documentation and follow-up evaluation monitoring; post-implementation problems and revision requests. Maintains, administers, and/or reviews all procedures, methodology and/or application standards to include payment card industry and security related compliance.
- Conducts and supports testing/planning/validation by clarifying the intended functionality and resolving issues to ensure successful implementation. Provides relevant test scenarios for the testing team. Coordinates implementations including vendor and in-house testing, readiness assessment, training and hardware capacity evaluation.
- Assists with the detailed project planning efforts on larger projects, and may act as a Project Manager on smaller development efforts. Monitors project progress by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports and recommending actions. Prepares technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends. Maintains software deployment plans and communicates these plans to the user community and ensures that users are apprised of any anticipated deviation from schedules.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- 2-4 years business analysis experience.
- Ability and desire to analyze and improve user workflows in mobile and web products (screens, pages, UI elements, overall user experience).
- Strong understanding of Business Analysis and requirements documentation.
- Working knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience producing professional quality work products such as process flows, use cases, screen mockups, business requirements and functional/system specifications.
- Understanding of project life cycle.
- Able to conceptualize and think creatively.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must possess skill sets and demonstrate proven experience developing, improving and streamlining processes to meet established goals and objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree.
- Minimum 4 Years Relevant Experience
- Professional experience working with end-users to meet business needs
- Mobile app product experience.
- UI (User Interface) and user experience analysis and design experience
- Screen modification and wireframe experience.
- Experience with methodology - Agile/Scrum, Waterfall, or RUP (Rational Unified Process).
- Working knowledge of UML (Unified Modeling Language)
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business or related field; or equivalent training or experience in lieu of degree
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position.
- Job Complexity - Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- Supervision - Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Problem Solving - A seasoned, experienced professional with strong problem solving skills and problem resolution based on a broad base of business knowledge
- MS Office & Flowcharting - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio. Familiar with several common drawing techniques using Visio or UML
Not Ready to Apply? Join Our Talent Community!!
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, click here.
Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1.706.644.8747 or +1.877.644.8747 or email at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Outside of US Applicants:
TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, found here.