Are you looking to work in a fun environment? Client offers on site fitness center. Food truck services on site. Great location! If you would like to be here then connect with me ASAP!!!
Position Summary: Florida: Remote Property & Casualty / Builders Risk Underwriter Positions Available $50-$55K
The candidates must have P&C insurance underwriting experience (not mortgage underwriting).
Salary range is $50-$55K, DOE, and it is a non-exempt position. The daily working hours are 9:30 - 6:30 or 10:30 - 7:30, M-F. We would consider remote candidates outside the Jacksonville market.
The Underwriter is responsible for producing profitable growth of Builders Risk premiums and providing high quality underwriting, while balancing company philosophies in order to maintain a profitable book of business.
- Competitive performance-based compensation packages
- 401(k) matching contributions and profit sharing
- Medical and dental insurance benefits with significant employer contributions
- Other benefits, such as Term Life and Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Generous paid time off (PTO) program
- Paid holidays
- Modern, collaborative work environment
- On-site fitness center
- Company-matched charitable gifts If you're a qualified candidate looking for a career that will challenge your potential, value your input and earn you competitive compensation, we'd like the opportunity to get to know you.
Education and/or Experience and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent industry experience, required.
- Completion of insurance industry specific courses (IIA, CIC and/or CPCU) and/or designations, preferred.
- Ability to approach underwriting, creatively.
- Experience with training employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty, satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and or licenses, and/or abilities required.
- Proven knowledge of coverage and pricing for all Builders Risk products and/or proven knowledge of property and casualty underwriting.
- Basic knowledge of insurance underwriting procedures, laws and regulations for assigned territories.
- Proven knowledge of processing methods and workflow procedures.
- General knowledge of the market/industry.
- Proven knowledge of accepted business software, mainframe systems and Internet usage.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Underwrite residential and commercial Builders Risk and Contractors Equipment; new and renewal business, within underwriting authority and program limits.
- Adhere to all underwriting guidelines, authority levels and standards.
- Perform file audits on counterparts and service team members, as assigned.
- Possess working knowledge of all Builders Risk products in order to assist internal employees and external customers with inquiries.
- Mentoring and training of team members.
- Market company's products and services.
- Build relationships with distributors and business partners.