D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S., was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website at www.drhorton.com for more information.
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for a Branch Operations Manager - Producing for their Financial Services Branch Department. The right candidate will assist the branch to achieve capture rate goals on captive business. Maintain Customer Service rating of 90% or greater. Originate non-captive business greater than or equal to 20% of total branch production. Maintain acceptable DHI Mortgage Company Compliance Score to avoid Post Closing issues to ensure that loans are saleable and insurable. Assist Branch Manager with achieving fixed costs goal for branch.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Training & Staff Development
- Branch Manager is ultimately responsible for training of staff, but Branch Operations Manager should assist with this responsibility
- New employees must attend New Employee Orientation
- Assist Branch Manager with continually assessing training/follow-up needs of staff and coordinate training accordingly
- Assist Branch Manager with ensuring proper systems are in place and all employees within the branch are executing properly
- Support AUS programs and other DHI Mortgage Company initiatives
- Evaluate the processing staff and assist them with setting goals. Review their progress quarterly
- Assist Branch Manager to develop professional business relationships with affiliated builder Division President, Sales Manager, Closing Coordinator and sales agents
- Call on sales agents in subdivisions regularly
- Help to coordinate social functions with the sales agents at least quarterly
- Develop a professional business relationship with Realtors who sell homes for your affiliated builder
- Assist Branch Manager to develop an annual branch marketing plan covering captive and non-captive business and evaluate progress with Loan Officers quarterly
- Help to evaluate progress of marketing efforts with Loan Officers in weekly production meetings. Support Loan Officers in non-captive production.
- Pipeline Management: The Loan Operating System (LOS) makes available to Branch Operations Managers several reports that are extremely helpful in pipeline management. Branch Operations Managers are responsible for daily management of the pipeline (loan application to Investor) via use of these reports and direct communication with the staff.
- Monitor "Projected to Close" report daily and ensure proper progress is made and closing documents are issued in a timely manner
- Review the following report daily and manage staff accordingly: Timeline Exception Report to ensure timely loan approvals
- The following should be done weekly: Review Loan Approval Conditions Report and follow up on any outstanding conditions. Review Post Closing Reports and follow up accordingly.
- Lead Loan Processor meeting
- Attend Loan Officer meeting and Builder meetings as directed by Branch Manager
- Be available to staff for questions and assistance on files. Work with Underwriting Department, Product Development, Closing and other departments to coordinate solutions on files. Direct staff to communicate loan issues quickly to all concerned parties, including borrowers, builder staff, sales agents and Realtors as authorized by borrowers.
- Develop relationships with staff. Lead by examples; foster a team atmosphere and attitude. Motivate the staff to manage individual pipelines proactively, no reactively.
- Review all rejected files for alternatives, prior to sending denial and/or transfer. Make sure rejected files receive a second underwriting review. Audit the files for compliance review.
- Assist Branch Manager with the Builder Sales and Closing Reports
- Originate employee loans
- Customer Service
- Maintaining great customer service is essential in order to achieve the desired capture rate goal and to develop non-captive business. The Branch Operations Manager must motivate the entire staff to treat each customer (including the homebuyer, builder, on-site sales agent, and realtor) as a TOP PRIORITY. This must be your branch's defining characteristic.
- Read the DHI Mortgage Company Compliance Manual, DHI Mortgage Company Policy and Procedures Manual and the DR Horton Employee Handbook and all updates in a timely manner.
- Attend scheduled Compliance training
- Respond to all Compliance Audits within the required timeframe and use audits in staff training
- Communicate the benefits of Compliance to the staff and embrace its importance
- Help monitor and train on Quality Control issues. Maintain overall focus on QC.
- Process payroll on an as needed basis for the Branch Manager, along with monitoring staff vacation and sick time.
- Attend Manager meetings prepared to participate and communicate all pertinent information back to the staff.
- Develop effective working relationships with fellow managers throughout the company.
- Exhibit the Company Mission Statement and Core Values
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned by Branch Manager.
Directly supervises two or more employees in the Branch. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.