Candidate must reside in Central or North Florida.
The Regional Human Resource Manager (HRM) is a strategic business partner who helps the Company achieve its goals and objectives by being a Team Member advocate, change leader, and Champion for building engaged teams that consist of high quality Team Members. This position manages Team Member Relations, Talent Acquisition, Team Member Development, and Team Member Performance. This role utilizes positive Team Member relations practices to ensure a union free environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- HR Advocacy - Position HR as the conscience of the company by reinforcing the culture and taking a proactive approach to supporting and promoting the Advance values and our Code of Ethics.
- Recruiting/Staffing - Oversee/coordinate recruiting, staffing, interviewing, testing and assisting with selection of exempt and non-exempt positions. Partner with Leaders and Area Recruiters to concentrate recruiting efforts in needed markets. Partner with Talent Acquisition to coordinate and/or participate in recruiting events for positions and assessments. Monitor and analyze regional turnover and work with business partners to maintain quality Team Members.
- Selection - Ensure implementation and compliance of all selection processes for all positions. Work with Area Recruiters to facilitate position requisition and job posting processes for all field level positions as needed. Facilitate the regional relocation program. Monitor and coordinate onboarding processes.
- Management Development/Training - Assess regional needs and partners with the OD/Training Department to develop and implement consistent strategies relating to management level development. Support performance management process to ensure continuous improvement and the implementation of best practices. Assess training needs and make recommendations to the OD/Training Department.
- Diversity - Ensure inclusion and an open/equitable work environment for all Team Members related to programs, policies and procedures. Actively promote diversity in staffing.
- Team Member Relations - Oversee Team Member relations issues and investigations, including corrective action, performance management and succession planning. Oversee the investigation of unfair treatment/discrimination charges, harassment complaints, wrongful terminations, wage/hour issues and other potential legal matters. Monitor and analyze Team Member retention and other HR metrics and develop appropriate action plans to address identified needs. Assist the regional team in creating and implementing action plans that improve Team Member engagement.
- Performance Management - Advise business partners on goal setting and the performance review process, providing instruction on timelines and processes. Provide guidance to regional leaders on performance evaluations and effective communication/coaching to Team Members. Manage talent review process and implement measures such as IDPs and PIPs with line management to move talent base forward.
- HR Policy/Strategy - Partner in the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures, including the creation and delivery of training/communication programs as needed. Assist in the coordination of updates to handbook, procedures manual and SOPs as needed.
- Organizational Design/Change Management - Partner with regional leaders to develop and maintain an organizational design structure that provides appropriate levels of management as well as desired development opportunities. Lead change management initiatives by creating awareness, understanding, buy-in and ownership for change.
- Compliance - Ensure implementation and monitor compliance of existing company policies and programs such as postings, orientation, retention, exit interviews, substance abuse testing and revisions to handbooks/manuals and orientation materials. Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local laws, as well as all Company policies and procedures.
- Communication - Provide information to business partners in a timely and effective manner. Utilize Advance systems to ensure effective and appropriate reports are available to analyze business needs and act proactively to impact change. Participate in regional meetings and other communication meetings as needed. Regularly report Team Member relations issues/activities to Sr. Human Resource Manager and regional leaders. Keep Sr. Human Resource Manager and regional leaders apprised of relevant Team Member communications/morale issues, trends, needs and/or developments
- Compensation & Benefits - Act as a resource to business partners regarding compensation and benefit issues. Coach management on salary, bonus, merit and reward recommendations and staffing changes.
- Team Member Recognition - Work with regional leaders and the support team to identify effective ways to recognize Team Members. Design strategies to improve overall morale and engagement while measuring and assessing progress.
- Operations Support - Visit locations on a regular basis to stay current on Team Member issues, success of initiatives, and to keep familiar with Operational processes and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of state and federal employment laws (i.e., EEO, FMLA, ADA, Wage & Hour), recruiting, interviewing and/or counseling/coaching skills, and strong training/presentation skills.
- High level of business/financial acumen required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, decision making, development/planning, performance gap analysis and conflict management skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office software required.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, as well as champion change.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree from four-year college or university; and5+ years HR or related experience, or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PHR or SPHR preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.